Some Inexpensive Gifts We Can Make for Christmas?

by Frannie Banannie 55 Replies latest jw friends

• alamb
    alamb

• A mug, a packet of instant soup and a card saying, "For a souper friend."

• A box of muffin mix with the saying, "You're getting muffin for Christmas!"

• A two-liter bottle of soda pop with a tag, "Pop, pop, fizz, fizz, oh what a great neighbor you is," or "The rest of the neighbors love you, and soda we," or "May your Christmas be merry and Sprite," or "We're soda-lighted to have you as neighbors."

• Flavored popcorn with the saying, "Just poppin' in to say Merry Christmas," or "It may sound corny, but we wish you a Merry Christmas!"

• A box of Ho-Ho cupcakes with the card, "Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas."

• A box of Ding Dongs with the tag, "Merry Christmas from the Ding Dongs next door!"

• A can of nuts with the card, "From the nuts next door" or "From your nutty neighbors."

• Homemade spice blends, such as cajun, Italian, Tex-Mex, cinnamon-sugar, etc. with a card, "Seasonings Greetings" and suggestions or recipes for using it.

• A bag of potpourri with the saying, "Scenting you holiday greetings!"

• Scented soap and a washcloth in holiday motif with the greeting, "We wash you a Merry Christmas!"

• Ice cream with a note, "Have a cool yule!"

• Candle and book of matches, "To a matchless friend, may your Christmas be bright."

• Bubble gum or bubble bath, "May your holidays bubble over with fun!"

• Snickers candy bar, "Don't snicker — just be glad you got something!"

• Cookie dough, "Here's a little extra dough for Christmas."

• A jar of jam, "Hoping your Christmas is jam-packed with cheer."

• A hunk of cheese and grater, "To a grate neighbor from your cheesy friends next door."

• A basket with cocoa mixes or bath items, with a poem, "When you feel like a basket case, take a break . . . and slow your pace."

• Hershey's Kisses, "Merry Kiss-mas."

• Oven mitt filled with treats, "We have to ad-mitt you're a great neighbor!"

• Frozen cookie dough with cookie cutters, "We've done the mixing, now you can cut up in the kitchen."

• Bag or box of Whoppers, "Have a "whopper" of a Christmas."

• Jolly Ranchers candies, "Have a holly jolly Christmas."

• Chex Party Mix, "Santa always Chex his list."

• Juice pitcher filled with candy canes, "We pitcher you raising a little cane during the holidays."

• Oranges (or a chocolate orange), "Orange you glad we're friends."

• Homemade divinity, "May your holiday be divine."

• Homemade fudge, "Let's fudge a little on the calories and enjoy the holiday season!"

• Cinnamon rolls, "Here's a sweet treat rolled up with warm holiday wishes! Merry Christmas!"

• Cheese ball and crackers, "We don't mean to sound cheesy, we just hope you have a ball this season!"

• A candle, "May your days be happy, your heart be light, your Christmas merry and the New Year bright!!! "
  • rebel8
    rebel8

I made some pumpkin butter and taught myself how to can it. It was cheap but is tasty and unusual. It can also be used to make pumpkin dump cake, is good in oatmeal or on a bagel. Recipes abound--just use google.

There is a well kept secret at www.silverjewelryclub.com. It is for real. I've ordered from them. They sell only one item at a time, so keep checking back. It's nice stuff, good quality. Pay only $5.99 for shipping, the item is free.

Get yourself on JC Penney's mailing list. This yr I've received 3 coupons for $10 off any item costing $10 or more. Free shopping! Also, JoAnn Fabrics and Michael's both have 40% coupons in the newspaper almost every week. They have nice decorative or gifty items in their stores and the price is great with the coupon. Some of their competitors accept their coupons too.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
  • A mug, a packet of instant soup and a card saying, "For a souper friend."
  • A box of muffin mix with the saying, "You're getting muffin for Christmas!"
  • alamb, these and the rest of those ideas are totally awesome! I LOVE 'em!!!

I made some pumpkin butter and taught myself how to can it. It was cheap but is tasty and unusual. It can also be used to make pumpkin dump cake, is good in oatmeal or on a bagel. Recipes abound--just use google.

There is a well kept secret at www.silverjewelryclub.com. It is for real. I've ordered from them. They sell only one item at a time, so keep checking back. It's nice stuff, good quality. ; Pay only $5.99 for shipping, the item is free.

; Get yourself on JC Penney's mailing list. ; This yr I've received 3 coupons for $10 off any item costing $10 or more. ; Free shopping! ; Also, JoAnn Fabrics and Michael's both have 40% coupons in the newspaper almost every week. ; They have nice decorative or gifty items in their stores and the price is great with the coupon. ; Some of their competitors accept their coupons too.

Rebel8, that pumpkin butter and those shopping tips are just fabulous! Thanks so much! (scratching head, wondering why my head is so far up my butt, I never see these things until someone else tells me)

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I take pictures of wildlife, animals, trees, etc. in black and white and then convert them to pen and ink pictures during the year. I then make a few copies of them and distribute them for Xmas presents. THey are well appreciated.

CG

• acadian
    acadian

I don't know what happened with that last post?

Anyway Hello All !

I make paper mache items, their great fun for kids too.

Kind Regards
    Acadian

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***A box of muffin mix with the saying, "You're getting muffin for Christmas!"

***Snickers candy bar, "Don't snicker — just be glad you got something!"

***Hershey's Kisses, "Merry Kiss-mas."

These are TERRIFIC suggestions for a teen-age grandson who also likes to putter around in the kitchen (muffin mix)!

You have given me some great ideas! Thank you "a lamb" !

Acadian----maybe it's just me---but I can't see your pix! I have been saving papier-mache "recipes and projects in a file---but have not attempted aything much as yet. I hope I can get to see your work!

hugs,

Annie

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Acadian----maybe it's just me---but I can't see your pix! I have been saving papier-mache "recipes and projects in a file---but have not attempted aything much as yet. I hope I can get to see your work!

I can't see 'em either, Annie. I'd love to see those papier mache items, Acadian! Maybe you could download 'em to your files here on JWD and then attach 'em to your post.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I take pictures of wildlife, animals, trees, etc. in black and white and then convert them to pen and ink pictures during the year. I then make a few copies of them and distribute them for Xmas presents. THey are well appreciated.

How lucky are those recipients!

I have seen your work on another forum a (few years back)......and it IS quite exceptional! I bet they ARE appreciated!

hugs,

Annie

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

OH, I KNOW, CG!!! I have one and it's absolutely beautiful! You are so gifted, chica!!!

• acadian
    acadian

It looks like I fixed it.

Acadian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit