Some Inexpensive Gifts We Can Make for Christmas?

by Frannie Banannie 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    to be honest the only original idea I had about handmade gifts was the pumpkin butter. ; The rest came from my internet friends!

Well, thank you for sharing them with us, Rebel8! And that pumpkin butter's gonna taste great on my bagels soon!

Paper mache ; is how I make a living now. ;I Was in the construction trade for 30 yrs.

( ;licenced Cabinet maker )

I retired this year, and now I devote most of my time to my paper mache and a few other projects.

The nice thing about paper mache is that, it's an inexpsensive craft, my pieces are about 90%

recycled materials.

Acadian, I looked at your site and those projects are totally works of art! I didn't know papier mache could be so interesting. Looks like me and my g/daughters may have some new projects on the horizon to work on together. We might make doll houses or something like that together.

Frannie

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    A two-liter bottle of soda pop with a tag, "Pop, pop, fizz, fizz, oh what a great neighbor you is," or "The rest of the neighbors love you, and soda we," or "May your Christmas be merry and Sprite," or "We're soda-lighted to have you as neighbors."

All the supervisors at work are getting their teams small gifts. I have twice as many people on my team as any of the other supervisors (19 total), so I'm looking for a thoughtful, yet inexpensive gift for them. I'm gonna change the wording a bit and use these for my team!

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!

CountryGuy

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

glad I found this thread again - some really cool ideas

Thanks

• Purza
    Purza
    I have a little update! Yesterday I took my JC Penney free shopping coupon and bought a silver necklace. It was 50% off and then I got another $10 off with the coupon, bringing the total to $4!!!!!!!!!

Don't you just love it when that happens!!!

Purza

• alamb
    alamb

Another idea we are doing, not expensive, priceless.

Get some 1" binders that you can slip coversheets into the front and spine. Get cute pages of scrapbook paper. You make one for each member of the family. Then you fill the inside with clear sheet protectors. The cover of the binder is decorated to match the family member/friend (fishing, baby things, flowers, teen-age heart-throb, etc.). The other members of the family write a page which can include photos, etc. about each member of the family and why they appreciate them. The "mom" then assembles the keepsake binders for each to enjoy in private. This tends to get everyone to remember why they appreciate one another and is usually good for a good laugh too.

A friend did it for their grand-parents who didn't need any more dust-collectors and they treasured them. My friend had a collection of them from years past including pages written by family members who are now gone and they are truly priceless. Memories that can't fade.

I am starting a Christmas binder with my Christmas lists, pages from magazines of recipes and gift ideas I want to try, and a list for each year of who got what so I don't do repeats. I also keep all the receipts in the back....not to add up and get depressed over....for returns, warrantees, etc.

Happy Holidays!

• alamb
    alamb

Snowman Soup! 1 package hot chocolate mix 3 Hershey Kisses 10 mini-marshmallows 1 candy cane New, Cute mug. Attach this poem:

"Was told you've been real good this year

Always glad to hear it

With freezing weather drawing near

You'll need to warm the spirit

So here's a little Snowman Soup

Complete with stirring stick

Just add hot water, sip it slow

It's sure to do the trick!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit