Some Inexpensive Gifts We Can Make for Christmas?

by Frannie Banannie 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    It looks like I fixed it.

Yes, you DID, Acadian! They're fantastic! How'd you do that? They're so LARGE! And they show such imagination and creativity! I'll just bet the kids DO love 'em!

Frannie

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I love making these. They do take time and are not something you would put on a tree if you have very small children in the house, but they are fairly inexpensive to make and really add sparkle to the tree.

http://www.christmas-in-july.com/images/LgPinkPearlSeqBall.jpg

Jean

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I love making these. They do take time and are not something you would put on a tree if you have very small children in the house, but they are fairly inexpensive to make and really add sparkle to the tree.

http://www.christmas-in-july.com/images/LgPinkPearlSeqBall.jpg

Jeanniebeanz, those are so pretty! I might get my g/daughters to help me make some for next year! Thanks! We'll have fun doing that. I'm always trying to think of craft or cooking projects that my g/daughters can participate in or help me with so we can be doing something together. Of course, I hafta make 'em take turns or there'll be a squabble for sure! LOL!

Frannie

• Scully
    Scully

Seeing that sequined decoration made me remember something else:

I bought some styrofoam cones in different sizes from the craft store and then turned them into Christmas trees by pinning peppermint candies all over it and then putting a foil star at the peak.

They are a nice centerpiece for the table, especially if you do a bunch of them in different sizes. You can give them as take home gifts for your guests, or for teachers, neighbours and work colleagues.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Seeing that sequined decoration made me remember something else:

I bought some styrofoam cones in different sizes from the craft store and then turned them into Christmas trees by pinning peppermint candies all over it and then putting a foil star at the peak.

They are a nice centerpiece for the table, especially if you do a bunch of them in different sizes. You can give them as take home gifts for your guests, or for teachers, neighbours and work colleagues.

Thanks, Scully! You're so right! There are many styrofoam shapes in the craft stores with which tons of different ideas can be done. The Christmas tree centerpiece idea is a really nice one!

Frannie

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Great Thread! I've gotten some great ideas. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to contribute, but I'm hoping that by sending BTTT, someone else will.

CountryGuy

• rebel8
    rebel8

Acadian, I your artwork!!

I heard a few other ideas I thought I'd share:

• Make a movie box. You could use a basket, but I like those pretty boxes that are used for photo storage. They are pretty and can be used to organize little stuff around the house (if you're like me you already own 1000 baskets). Inside put a thick pair of socks, a mug, some cocoa mix, popcorn, a gift cert to your local movie rental place, and brownie mix. Cheap but inventive and useful.
    • A journal jar for a teenager. Include a blank journal and pen. Inside the jar put small pieces of paper with topics to journal about, one for each day. You can print out the papers at http://www.organizedchristmas.com/, which btw is an excellent resource for inexpensive gifts. (I keep a folder in my Internet "Favorites" for gift ideas, so I can save the links when I come across them all yr round.)

I have a little update! Yesterday I took my JC Penney free shopping coupon and bought a silver necklace. It was 50% off and then I got another $10 off with the coupon, bringing the total to $4!!!!!!!!!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Great Thread! I've gotten some great ideas. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to contribute, but I'm hoping that by sending BTTT, someone else will.

LOL, CountryGuy! Thanks for the bttt! Glad we can help!

• Make a movie box. ; ;You could use a basket, but I like those pretty boxes that are used for photo storage. ; They are pretty and can be used to organize little stuff around the house (if you're like me you already own 1000 baskets). ; Inside put a thick pair of socks, a mug, some cocoa mix, popcorn, a gift cert to your local movie rental place, and brownie mix. ; Cheap but inventive and useful. A journal jar for a teenager. ; Include a blank journal and pen. ; Inside the jar put small pieces of paper with topics to journal about, one for each day. ; You can print out the papers at http://www.organizedchristmas.com/, which btw is an excellent resource for ;inexpensive gifts. ; (I keep a folder in my Internet "Favorites" for gift ideas, so I can save the links when I come across them all yr round.)
    • I have a little update! ; Yesterday I took my JC Penney free shopping coupon and bought a silver necklace. ; It was 50% off and then I got another $10 off with the coupon, bringing the total to $4!!!!!!!!!

Rebel8, you are just soooooo clever! Thanks for these ideas and tips!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thanks for the accolades but to be honest the only original idea I had about handmade gifts was the pumpkin butter. The rest came from my internet friends!

• acadian
    acadian

Hello All !

Thanks for your comments Frannie Banannie, rebel8.

Paper mache is how I make a living now. I Was in the construction trade for 30 yrs.
    ( licenced Cabinet maker )
    I retired this year, and now I devote most of my time to my paper mache and a few other projects.

The nice thing about paper mache is that, it's an inexpsensive craft, my pieces are about 90%
    recycled materials.

Kind Regards
    Acadian

If you would like to see more of my work, this is my site www.acadianoutpost.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit