Huge shock!

by Crumpet 158 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

For crumpet

Big ole bear hug. The kind that takes you off your feet and holds you there ever so tightly .

A dozen of these because they look and smell so nice

A twelve pack of these just because they taste so good. Is it to early for that?

D.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Defd that is exactly the kind of hug I need - just the kind of hug my Dad used to give me when I was his favourite girl and not this shameful thing he ignores. But the 12 pack would do - and yes it is very early and alcohol does not solve things and may make me feel more morose than I do just now. Nice ideas though, thank you. I'll imagine the hug instead and hug my cushion.

Ev and Enigma - do you think I haven't tried witholding my number. whoever answers the phone just puts it down when they realise its me - they have done for ages. They won't speak to me because I am disfellowshipped. I am lucky that I get the ocassional text once or twice a year.

as for the old folks thing - my dad is only 50 or so and we work in this country until we're 65. My dad has no retirement plan and is a self employed window cleaner and he will be doing that until he dies, and given how cold winters are here, well i don't think he'll be needing an old people's home. It would be far harder for him if I insisted that he live with me and I show him all the love he failed to show me as a disfellowshipped person. I could kill with love and kindness.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Have you tried putting on a different voice or accent? Or even get a friend to do it for you?

Do they live far away?

Evanescence

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

That's quite appalling....I'd also be upset that my own sister hadn't told me too.

How about we ALL phone him? Lol

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

JW’s can act in a very cruel way sometimes. The problem is that they think they are doing you a favour, although in this case I cant see why your Father would keep this from you.
    I remember when I was a fully fledged and true believing member, I did some awful things.
    When I got married I had two cousins (fleshly sisters) one was a Witness one was disfellowsiped. No one else in my family apart from my mum and sisters were JW’s. I sent out a wedding invitation to the witness but not to the non-witness, I had no doubt they would understand. That as a disfellowshiped person they would humbly accept their position and that such an occurrence would help them in their return to Jehovah.
    Well the rest of my Non JW family boycotted my wedding and I remember being royally cheesed off with my disfellowshiped cousin.
    I now look back and feel so embarrassed.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    "Certainly, if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith."

This taking care of your family members includes "emotional' well being. On a scale of 1 to 10, the witnesses as a whole would be 0 in this dept. I have fleshly relatives and others to prove my point.

I'm sure Golf won't mind me pinching this from his post on the thread why all the venom. It is so apt.

I could be mischeivious - I could put an ad in their local paper congratulating my sister on her marriage publically but also saying that this may be a year or more late because JWs shunning excuses them from even telling immediate family members when they marry. But what would be the point?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I'd go with the Newspaper advert....be mischevious, great fun. The local (to her) freebie newspaper would be best...at least some of her neighbours will see it:)

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

<<<<<hugs crumpet>>>>>

that must of been a huge shock, i think you were right texting coz what you put was good, i know how hard it is to be shut out of weddings it is so cruel!

I wonder why your father sent you the pic tho, if he knows you dont know shes married, maybe he does feel alittle bad about it!!

but there is no excuse, if i were you i would send your sister a present and a card and say you only just found out and how hurt you are but how you hope shes happy etc and ask your dad to send a pic of the wedding as you are 'heartbroke' you missed it,

I think killing with kindness is best, it MUST make them realise how cruel and abnormal what there doing is, MUSN'T IT?

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I feel so bad for you Crumpet. I fear this so much coming from a very large extended family, all JWs.. but I understand it, and once took part in it. It's very tough to let go of the family ties, but you need to create new ones with people that truly love you. Get yourself adopted! What is your B/fs family like? In my experience in time, they will regret their treatment of you and probably see how wrong they were. many years ago I shunned my own father (although he was a piece of s***) when the WT came out about how to treat people, I didn't see him til he died. And now it's one of my biggest regrets. I may not have liked him anyway, but I wish I'd taken the chance to get to know him. However life moves on. And although we're not your blood here, we understand you more than they ever will. Big hugs (although we'll stand a few feet apart, after all we are BRITISH! )

Poppy xxx

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

hey Cords - I must just clarify - I'm not too hurt about the wedding whenever that was - its just not even being told that she got married at least a year ago possibly more. My dad didnt send the pictures - it was a friend of mine and LT's that I found on this board this year and was able to get a picture of my sister and her husband. So I got the photos this morning and thought he was having a laugh = after all my sister doesnt have a husband. But now I found out totally by accident that she is and that no one told me even though I have been in touch by text twice this year with my father.

Evan - my family live a few hours away by car. I don't know where my sister lives - I thought she lived at home with my parents when she wasnt at bethel - but I presume she lives with her husband!

Peppermint - my family dont have any neighbours - they live on a farm and don't associate with non JWs so neighbours wouldnt know. The purpose of a newspaper ad would be to shame JWs in general in that town and I'm sure there would be a couple of actual JWS who would be shocked to learn that my family did not tell me my sister got married.

Makes me wonder will they let me know if any of them die, have children, are sick etc...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit