Huge shock!

by Crumpet 158 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I just got a major shock. I can't believe the new levels of cruelty possible within families who are JWs.

A friend on this board who I've known since I was a baby practically has managed to get me a picture of my little sister who I haven't seen for 8 years - the one who I've mentioned my Dad said was working on the Bethel quick build team. The one who I've described my fears that she and my younger sister are staying single until Armageddon. Well the picture he sent included a picture of her husband!

Well I thought it must be a joke or some mistake. But no it appears the picture was taken at least a year ago and she was married then. Why oh why would my father not see fit to tell me that my sister had got married? I can understand that I wouldnt get an invite to the wedding but not to tell me that she is married at all - its beyond comprehension. I am happy for her but just so shocked that this important family business would not be shared with me at all. Its unbelievable! What precedent is theer for this? How could they be so cruel?

I am so sick of not being normal and having a normal family. I told my bf before he went to work this morning when i found out - he wasnt surprised at all.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

((Crumpet))...I am so sorry.

You should confront your father on this, get his side of the story, in my view however there is absolutely no excuse for this.

DB74

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thank you db - it hasn't really sunk in - I'm acting on autopilot at the mo. I have just now texted my Dad to say

"Dad I just heard through the grapevine that @@@@ is married. I said they must be mistaken, after all you'd have mentioned it wouldn't you?"

So I await a reply. I hope this makes him squirm and feel horribly guilty and awful. He must know there can be no justification for this being witheld. He sees fit to tell me where he's going on holiday etc but hey my sister's marriage which I'm realising must be at least a year old - well thats not very important is it! GOD!

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Sorry. I wouldn't have text'd. It just gives him time to come up with a bullshit answer. Call the bastard on the phone now. My 2 cents.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Tell him once you stick him in the old folks home, you might just forget to tell him anything about anyone too. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

• defd
    defd

Sorry. I wouldn't have text'd. It just gives him time to come up with a bullshit answer. Call the bastard on the phone now. My 2 cents. I agree with him, minus the curse words. Call him. D.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Defd and Enigma1,

Nice idea the phoning thing but my father does not accept phone calls from me - haven't for years.

There isn't a satisfactory answer so whatever one he gives me won't matter. I just want him to know that I know now and to see how he responds. I want him to question somewhere inside where the rationale was with that. Where was the love? What godly pure holy motive made him not tell me. What kind of evil ogre am I that I wouldnt want to know such a thing?

• defd
    defd

Crumpet I know what you need!

D.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    Nice idea the phoning thing but my father does not accept phone calls from me - haven't for years.

Can't you put your phone on private? Or pretend to be someone else until you get to him?

So sorry to hear this Crumpet

Evanescence

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Can't block your phone number for caller ID to show up?

I guess since I'm the alpha male of the family it hard to fathom my own parents from trying to shun me. But I was serious about the nursing home threat. LOL. Old people (those over 60) get terrified of old folks homes. Use any threat you see fit to. LOL. Sorry I'm not being a very good Buddhist tonight, but I'm tired and cranky.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit