Nowhere else to go

by joelbear 55 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I recommend reading "An Unquiet Mind: A Memoir of Moods and Madness." The author has bipolar disorder, and she is one brilliant, brilliant woman. In fact, she's a doctor and has written the manual that doctors use to treat it.

You may find her story is similar to yours, the ups and downs, and the wanting to commit suicide.

altalt

Find it on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0679763309/qid=1134007745/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-4708256-3748729?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

• Bryan
    Bryan

joelbear,

I was put on lithium back in '93, and it saved my life!

I say you've got better days ahead!

My best,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

((((JoelBear))))

I've been wondering how you are! I really do hope the medication helps you. I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling low currently.

Don't be afraid to come here and talk because people here do truly care about you and want to help you.

How did you go with all your projects and things you were starting up?

For you

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Joelbear,

Hey, one of my favorite posters from back in the old H2O days. I know how you've struggled - but it is so cool to see you still here.

Try the med out. Give it some time. You'll do it...

S4

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

hey man, sorry to hear about your troubles... and i know its no comparison, but take it from someone who has gone through his fair share of bull shit in his short life... LIFE IS ALWAYS WORTH A SECOND CHANCE!!!! youre an awesome person, at least it seems so through your posts.... take care, gievt he medecine some time man... who knows, and if it doesnt work, dont do anything rash....

the infamous one

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Joelbear- I know what you mean. Sometimes it can just hurt so bad, and there's not a thing I can say that could stop that pain or else I'd say it. But you're on the right track- seeing a doctor, getting therapy, taking the meds- these are all positive steps you can take to help yourself. I was on meds for a while, and I was flabbergasted by how well they worked. I'd actually forgotten what happiness felt like, but the pills helped me to get it back. Please, give them time to work, and be good to yourself- long hot baths, chocolate milkshakes, playing the Beatles really loud in your car- whatever little things help you to feel good, do them. You're going to be all right; we're all rooting for you, and I'll be sure to say a special prayer for you tonight.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

((((joelbear)))) So sorry to hear you're feeling down, you are one of my favorite posters here! Give the meds some time, I know you'll feel better. I've known several people with bipolar and the thing that is toughest is keeping on the meds after you start to feel better. If you can do that I think its all good! If you ever need anyone to talk to I would offer anytime! I have one bear brother and another would be ice cream!

Sherry

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

joelbear, I hope you can find the strength to get through this. I know it seems bad right now, but you have to believe that things will get better. There are lots of treatments out there and if the lithium doesn't work, I'm sure there are other options for you.

The key is to be strong and believe that things will get better. I know that's hard, sometimes I have a hard time believing that myself, but it's true - when you've hit rock-bottom, there's nowhere left to go but up, right?? I know you're feeling really low right now, but believe me, things can only get better from here.

You can be strong, you can get through this, I know you can.

And if you need to rant, hey, that's what we're all here for, and we'd love to help you get through this.

Hang in there!!

-Becka :)

• These3Words
    These3Words

Hi Joelbear,

I hate to get personal in this forum, but everything you have dicribed in your post sounds very familiar? I have a brother named Joel that I have not seen or heard from in over 25 years. The last thing I heard was he had alot in common with what you listed in your origional post. He also was a JW for 20 years or so. Once again I am sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable! Your bio doesn't say much about you.Could you please at least tell me if you have a brother that you have not spoken to in 25 years, just yes or no please?

I'm sorry for your pain Joel, if you are or are not the person I'm inquiring about!! I'm praying for you as I type this post!!

Agape

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hugs to you!

My ditto to this...

also think your pro-active search in finding yourself help is a huge sign of your desire to get better and enjoy life. Be patient with yourself my friend.....

There's a time for everybody; you will heal. Be gentle on yourself in the meantime.

Much love to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit