Are You Afraid To Die?

by minimus 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Lately, the only serious reason why I have been somewhat worried to die is my 8 y-o daughter.

We discuss that sometimes.

Tonight she showed me a "poem" she wrote. I was dead and she was remembering me. It was incredibly beautiful, loving and peaceful. I was stunned.

All by herself she had found the only way time and death could be overcome -- that is, cheated. Call it writing, poetry, art -- she knows where it is. I am relieved, and grateful.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I "die" for 8 hours or so each night. No

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why would I be afraid?

John 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in Me, even if he dies, will live. Everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die—ever. Do you believe this?”

Hebrews 9:27-28 And just as it is appointed for people to die once—and after this, judgment— so also the Messiah , having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him.

• Purza
    Purza

I want to say no, but I think I would be trying to fool myself. Being raised with the thought that you will never die is very powerful. I always thought I was special because I was a JW. I know that dying now is inevitable, but I think in the back of my head I still can't picture actually dying.

Purza

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'm not afraid to die and I welcome it. My only regret would be leaving my daughter.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - witnesses were right - hellfire was the biggets bullshit doctrine going - so no - I do not fear death

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Kinda, but it's only natural.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think most people are anxious about change, and death is certainly a change in ones lifestyle. I believe that things will work out after death. I simply hope that I live a long life here on earth before dying.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Tried to kill myself twice. No longer afraid. Still a bit afraid to live, but I'm coping well all in all.

AuldSoul

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I'm a little afraid of dying... I'll admit it. But only because I no longer "know" (or think I know) what's going to happen after death.

But more than anything, I'm afraid of being left behind, alone, by my husband. I often tell him that I hope I go first because I don't want to have to live without him.

CountryGuy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit