Are You Afraid To Die?

by minimus 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Are You Afraid To Die?

Nope.

I held a friend's hand and watched and cared for her as she took her last breaths. There is nothing to fear.

I watched an evil man (my father) struggle with his fear of death as he took his last breaths.

In both cases the end result was ... an ending. I refuse to sit and worry about what comes next. I live this life the best I can. I'll find out what comes next when I get there

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Not nowadays. I was always afraid of it whilst in the lie, in case I had failed Jehovah in some way just before it happened, but nowadays I never really think about it much. I just live my life, and when it ends, I won't really know its happened anyway

• Golf
    Golf

Let's see, I've been in 10 cars wrecks in my lifetime. When I was a kid, I ran across the street twice not looking and all I heard next was a horning blowing.

I've fallen out of a tree head first backwards. If I were married to another women than the remarkable one I have, I would have been dead ages ago.

Min, my question would have been, "Why are people afraid of dying?"

My answer to that would be "Because they would miss themselves."

Hey you asked, right?

Golf

• oldflame
    oldflame

Am I afraid to die ? No not at all, dying is easy. Staying alive is hard.

I darn near died 8 years ago from a brain anyuerism and I held my fathers hand when he died in a car wreck. It seemed pretty easy for him to leave. Besides all that I have a hope and a freedom in Christ Jesus. All my questions and fears are covered in Christ blood. NO FEAR !!!!

As far as dying young or old, doesn't matter really. If it's your time, it's your time......

• minimus
    minimus

Lonely sheep---I agree with you 100%.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I used to be afraid of dieing because of my abusive first husband.. until one day I took that power away from him... and decided he couldn't scare me any more. I became numb to death. It had nothing to do with my then still believing the dubs line of thinking..

When I thought I lost my kids forever (and was still a dub) I tried to kill myself.. still not afraid to die.. just wanted and end to the pain in my heart..

Now.. there is no pain in my heart.. but I am still not afraid to die.. even though I now have no idea what happens when we die..

but.. I just don't want to die before I have more time to build with my kids who are just now finally back in my life.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I don't want to die. I have a life I enjoy (usually) and love and purpose.

After a suicide attempt in 2001 (due to extreme extended chronic pain) even after I called 911, I realized that I was ok with dying. I wanted to live, but I was no longer afraid to die. The only real fear I have is dying a lingering, painful death, or death by fire or falling.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Mini! I read a book called "Death Anxiety" The author concluded that death ends it all. It's the only book that I have ever read that was depressing to read. He said that mankind created its heroes to keep alive the hope of life after death.I can't find it in my library now , I must of loaned it out. Untold numbers of people suffer from death anxiety because of the unknown.

As for me, It is the unknown that gives me this anxiety, I can't yet at this time come to terms with what happens when we die! So, fear of the unknown prevails at this time. For me it is very unsettling to say the least.Tears for those who have this dilemma.

Blueblades

• Golf
    Golf

Min, recently I told my wife the manner I would like to pass away and that is, being in her arms.

The movie star Errol Flynn died while having sex with a 17 year-old. I don't think he planned it that way, hmmmmm, maybe.

Oh, my answer is NO!

Golf

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Goggle as a lot of information about death anxiety.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit