Are You Afraid To Die?

by minimus 83 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

The thing is, a lot of us thought we'd never die. Do you really comprehend what a truly massive mind- fuck that is? When I was embroiled in doubts and knew I was heading 'out of the truth' I remember waves of nausea hitting me. It was fear of dying. I didn't want to die - it wasn't fair, I wasn't supposed to die.

Well it's been a few years now and I've accepted mortality but I still don't like it. I think when I'm lying on my deathbed I'll be feeling cheated that I won't see my children and wife anymore. Cheated that I had to grow old and face a finality that I was promised would not exist for me.

From an earlier thread .

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Just make it quick..............

~Hill

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Nope.

Besides in my next life I coming back as Japanese Royalty. Exciting!

• oldflame
    oldflame

Defd,

Aside from belief in a higher power it is a natural instinct for survival even in the animal kingdom it is natural instinct for survival. So how the heck can you say that ?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Was Dust. Am Dust. Will be Dust again. Didn't worry about being born. Dont worry about being alive. Wont worry about being dead. I'm gonna make nice soil I believe. Maybe sunflowers will grow out of my contribution.

So it goes.

W.Once

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

NOT afraid.

• minimus
    minimus

LL---you're right. We were told we'd never finish high school, had no need for a life insurance policy, or prepare for a death.

• bythesea
    bythesea

No, I'm not....I no longer know what to believe about what happens to me at death...working on that one!, but during my hospice training last year there was a class that ended up having a huge impact on me and was actually instrumental in my beginning to fade from JW. The point was made that those who are critically ill, knowing they are going to die, but have lived a life of integrity end up being those who let go and DIE with a sense of peace. I've read many books having to do with death and dieing and it is a reoccuring theme that (those who are able to express themselves right up until death takes them) frequently make mention of the bright light and tunnel they are passing through...of loved ones waiting for them, etc. I know that's almost become a classic TV movie genre, but there must be some reason other than demons!!!!

I don't know what to think and don't want to hi-jack the thread, but maybe its another topic for discussion?? bythesea

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

In my next life im coming back as a japanese jock strap ( I just found out!)

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Katie the japanese don't wear jockstraps honey. well maybe its just the royalty that do ...

i'm not sure what i would like to return as - maybe you katie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit