Are You Afraid To Die?

by minimus 83 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I've had occasions when I have had no fear of dying and times of terrible fear of dying.It depends on my mental well-being at the moment.After being told that I will live forever for so long but never being able to live up to the WT standards I figured I had run out of energy and would be killed.I have lived for years with the sure expectation of divine slaughter being imminent.Now I'm ambivalent about it and just want to do the best for my wife and kids.

• defd
    defd

Not afraid, just dont want to. Id hate to leave my wife and kids.

D.

• defd
    defd

Tried to kill myself twice. No longer afraid. Still a bit afraid to live, but I'm coping well all in all.

AuldSoul Sorry D.

• Scully
    Scully

No, I'm not afraid to die. I've come close once already thanks to the WTS's blood doctrine. I've watched people die during my nurses' training.

What would bother me more is that there are so many things that I want to do before I die.... and not getting the opportunity to do all of them.

• defd
    defd

hi scully hows the nurse tonight? Or should I say this morning!

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

I have faith in God and what I believe in

..although death does sometimes come accross as a fearful thought...

Evanescence

• defd
    defd

for those who believe that they will go to heaven after they die, why are they so anxious to live? If I knew I was going to heaven I would be waiting to die. To be with the Lord and God, I couldnt wait.

D.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    for those who believe that they will go to heaven after they die, why are they so anxious to live? If I knew I was going to heaven I would be waiting to die. To be with the Lord and God, I couldnt wait.

We must go through our trial on earth, God will call us home when our time has come.

Those who endure to the end will be saved.

Evanescence

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    If I knew I was going to heaven I would be waiting to die.

You would not.

Are there anymore WT lines you would like to use. (I used to use that one myself, so I know it's not original.)

-ithinkisee

• defd
    defd

ithinkisee

its true.

D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit