Are You Afraid To Die?

by minimus 83 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you every worry about dying? Do you think that you probably won't have a very long life?

• blondie
    blondie

Almost died twice; no longer afraid.

Blondie

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

All the time.

Sometimes its what keeps me up at night.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

after feeling that i was going to die at armagedumb, i have never feared death. My mother prepared me to die from an early age. I cannot recall ever fearing it. I don't want to die, I'm kinda attached to my life, but I hold no fear of it

CHL

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Everyone has to die. Not much point in wasting time fretting over it.

GBL

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well......Before I had kids I wasn't. I lived life and didn't care if I died that day.

Now...I am only because I want to see my kids raised the way I want them to be. I don't want them to become JW's after I am gone, because of my family. I am scared to die right now. I think as time goes on, and they become adults I will feel better knowing that I gave them a loving wonderful childhood with full of choices. Until that time I will fear it for them.

Brooke

• prophecor
    prophecor

Yes. I worry, mostly because I still believe in what the Bible teaches will come to be in the furure. Armegededon, Resurection and the promise that the earth will one day be under God's absolute and total control, Paradise.

There's much that is wrong in the teachings, habits, traditions, beliefs and practices among those who serve the interest of the WTB&TS, there are, however, many things that I still regard as truth, as it comes from the scriptures, NWT, RSV or any other interpretation.

I know in my heart that the WTB&TS is not where I belong, it is rife with failed prophecies, and way off base teachings as well as cultish ways and traditions, there are still certain aspects which I believe they teach scripturally, which are quite accurate.

That being said, I'm now in a desperate search to find where I do fit in, in the Grand Scheme of Things and where it is I belong, because though I no longer believe in the WTB&TS as being the sole and solitary mouthpiece of Almighty God, I still believe in many of the promises of God, as they sometimes relate to Jehovah's Witness interpretation.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Do you every worry about dying?

No. I hope to not suffer, though. Can't let it get to me since I've gotta go sometime.

Do you think that you probably won't have a very long life?

I've always felt like I would die young.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Man, I *SO* don't want to die. But I do smoke, and I do want a motorcycle someday. Hmmmm... Maybe I'm more afraid of *not living*, than I am afraid of dying?

I would really hate to be on my deathbed, asking myself why I never got around to [doing something, like the motorcycle, for instance].

"Millions Now Dying Will Never Have Lived"

Dave

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

Not afraid of dying, though I do worry about leaving my loved ones with sadness and grief. So I try to be prepared and live my best every day, in case it's the last one.

A long life is relative, whether it's meant in terms of physical years or life experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit