JW mom told 6 y/o grandson Santa was fake

by unbeliever 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Your mother doesn't know any better, as she's a JW and JW know NO manners and NO respect for any one elses views, feelings or opinions.

But I have to say.... Can it be true about the Christmas tree being a penis? Tell me you're lying...please!!!! I thought it was just a decorated christmas tree...thingy not a willy with lights on! Christmas will never be the same for me if it's true. We've been nurturing our christmas tree all year in our garden.....I'm not sure it should be allowed into the house now. Call me a prude....whatever....tell me you're lying!

I think I need an afternoon drink!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I dont know about the christmas tree being a phallic symbol but I did find something saying Santa is a fertility symbol

Because Santa Claus is very obviously a phallic symbol of fertility. Let us start with his appearance. He is dressed in red, and characterized as chubby if not outright engorged. His otherwise rosy face is covered with a thick mat of white hair. How much more can the penis be represented in a mythical character? During Christmastime, he climbs down chimneys to deliver presents. Chimneys are long and dark orifices to the home, which is a symbol of nurturance and also femininity. Chimneys are also connected to fireplaces and thus there is also an implication of smoldering warmth that is connected with this long and dark passage that is obviously a representation of the female vagina.

Santa Claus, a phallic symbol, now has to slip through the chimney, a symbolic representation of the vagina, to enter the house, a place saturated with femininity. Once inside, he has to deliver small gifts that he has created to place under the Christmas tree. The presents are obviously representing the male sperm. And the Christmas tree, in its classical triangular shape, is a female symbol that is ornamented with metallic jewellery and decorated with colorful swirls. Santa Claus then places his presents under the skirts of the Christmas tree, accomplishing the symbolic sexual intercourse.

And so, the next time you tell young children about Santa Claus, realize what you're really telling them is about pure and uninhibited sex.

lol

• forsharry
    forsharry

::coughs up flecks of granola bar::

crustaceans eh? I suddenly had the sound of under the sea play in my head at that one.

Santa, I'm afraid, is very real. He's at every mall around the country. He's on top of roofs and buildings and in lawns with humping reindeer. Santa is everywhere! Santa is all-knowing, all-seeing, and knows if you've been naughty or nice. He rewards goodness and punishes evil, but not in the lose your life, reign down fire from the heavens kind of punishment...more like a lump of coal in a stocking, just to remind you to clean up your act. He's happy and jolly and in general doesn't want to commit genocide on entire races or religions or creeds...he just wants to pass out presents to all the good little girls and boys.

Hmm yes. But Santa is a lie and God is the truth. Very interesting...very interesting indeed.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar - Freud

• Scully
    Scully

I've always taught my children that Santa was "make-believe", even when we were JWs. That way, nobody can accuse me of telling my kids a lie about Santa. They still enjoy the holidays as much as they ever did.

Since we left the JWs, I taught them that Jehovah / God is "make-believe" too.

• forsharry
    forsharry

"and sometimes a cigar is a penis." - If Freud didn't say it I'm sure he thought it.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Gill,

EVERY tree is potentially a phallic symbol. Symbols only have the meaning we attach to them, otherwise they have no meaning and are not symbols. That's true of all the JW proscriptions on pagan symbology.

AuldSoul

• TopHat
    TopHat

When I was about 7 years old I begin to question my parents about Santa...They insisted he was real and lived in the North Pole. I still didn't believe them. My Hubby on the other hand was disapointed to find out there was no Santa at the early age of 14. He said he went off and cried. It was like Santa had died.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    "and sometimes a cigar is a penis." - If Freud didn't say it I'm sure he thought it.

OK who didnt think of Clinton? lol

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

OK, I can see when a grandparent wants their grandchildren brought up properly, but that's crossing the line. No wait, that's going long, tripping over the line and tumbling into a heap 15 feet past the line.

Sure, my grandmother wanted (and still wants) me to understand her faith and I do get far too many religious lectures from her - how do I dread it when she asks me when I went to church last, those conversations never end well. But she's never, ever tried to go against my parents with her beliefs. Of course, it might help that my parents are both Anglican, as am I, and my grandmother is a diehard Anglican, but that's besides the point. My grandmother never tried to scare me about religion or destroy my childhood by telling me that Santa Claus isn't real or anything else like that. And you know what, without any intrusive religious propaganda, I turned out just fine, imagine that.

And with regards to telling your kids that Santa Claus is real, I don't see the harm in it. When I was little, I believed that Jem and the Holograms were real because I really liked that TV show, but it didn't ruin my life when I realized that it was a cartoon and not real. I grew up believing that Santa Claus came to my house every Christmas Eve and left some presents for me and my family, and you know what, when I got older and understood that Santa Claus doesn't really exist, it didn't bother me at all. I never felt shocked or wronged, I never felt deceived, I just felt like I was privy to something that grown-ups knew about and I liked it, it gave me the opportunity to help out and bring the magic of Santa Claus to younger children that I knew, like my younger cousins. Believing in Santa Claus has had no negative effects on me and I never felt like my parents deceived me about it. Even when I got a little older and my friends said, "Do you believe in Santa?", knowing that he didn't exist, my favourite answer was always, "I believe in the spirit of Christmas," and you know what, I still do. Santa Claus is just part of a very warm and very magical season. And believe me, when I get home for the holidays, one of the first things I'm going to do is dig out my fluffy red Santa hat.

I think it's all innocent fun, believing in Santa Claus, something magical for children to believe in, something they can imagine. I mean, really, growing up means that the world isn't magical anymore, reality is cold and harsh and really not all that fun at all, so why make children grow up sooner than they need to?? Let them believe in Santa Claus and the magic of Christmas, let them have their fun and be carefree children while they still can. The real world isn't fun, there's no magic, reality really does bite, so don't force them into the real world until it's absolutely necessary.

-Becka :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit