Elders/ex-Elders, is lying to achieve a JC okay?

by AuldSoul 101 Replies latest members private

• minimus
    minimus

LT, I'm not sensing that here but we know better now, don't we? Look at Seeker's situation. It's simply a huge waste of time, unfortunately.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

minimus, the point is that I would prefer to DA but either way I will soon be permanently out.

I have heard it said, "There is no man more dangerous than he who has nothing to fear."

Is it true? I don't know if you have read Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, but if you have you may catch the reference: I want to see how well I can dance the spears.

Carrying the analogy forward, I believe I am Aiel and they are Whitecloak Questioners. I am eagerly awaiting an opportunity to find out the truth of the Scriptures. What can mortal man do to me?

AuldSoul

• minimus
    minimus

But why?? What good does it do? You say you're gonna diss. yourself anyway. Perhaps you have the fantasy that it'll make YOU feel better. You know whatever you say falls on deaf ears. I think it seems like an exciting game to you and if so, have fun!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Min:
    Some of us find closure in different ways. Why do you do what you do?

We all have our reasons for why we do things the way we do them. We also have the right not to be questioned over that.

I certainly hope that AuldSoul isn't labouring under the misapprehension that he'll convert them all, but I can't blame him for attempting to give it a shot. It takes a certain kind of grit and determination, wouldn't you say?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I would engage Theocratic Warfare Strategy - I would tell them if they ask about the FDS -Yes I do believe - two can play their game - the lying little pigs

• minimus
    minimus

LT, it seems your making assumptions. I didn't get your take from Auld Soul's words unless I missed something. And sure, anyone can do whatever they want. I wouldn't picket, don't even like the idea, but if it makes someone feel great, go for it! But don't do it thinking a mass demonstration is going to wake up Witnesses. They're trained, like elders, to ignore and judge.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Minimus,

It isn't a game to me. It is a war to me. A very treacherous battlefield that can only be navigated with careful strategy. I do hope, as LittleToe mentioned, to draw some blood (make them think). I do not think anything that happens at the meeting can become a Judicial matter unless they decide to lie outrightly at some point.

If it does become a Judicial matter due to lies, all bets are off. I will proceed with a formal request to be represented by counsel of my choosing, to have all proceedings recorded so that there can be no confusion or disagreement later over exactly what was said, and tell them that if they choose to announce that I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses without allowing me reasonable opportunity to mount a defense against any and all accusers I will sue the Congregation as a whole and the elders severally who are responsible for the announcement.

No, this is not fun for me. No, this is not a game.

In fact, a thought that was probably obvious to everyone else has just clicked home for me as I'm writing this. Several elders have mentioned "at the Hall" in this thread. The building has never been significant to me at all, and I think I may have missed some significance that you former elders instinctively are aware of due to the location. If I meet them there I am legally acknowledging their authority. Is that correct? If so, I may need to rethink the whole thing.

AuldSoul

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

AuldSoul:

If I meet them there I am legally acknowledging their authority. Is that correct?

Yup. It's a formal setting, rather than in your own livingroom (like any ordinary Shepherding visit). How can you have missed all the references, on this site, to being "taken into the back room"?

Min:I'm not the picketting type, either, otherwise I could easily have staged something and bombarded the local press. The local populace would have loved it, too, but it's just not my style...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

AuldSoul:

If I meet them there I am legally acknowledging their authority. Is that correct?

Yup. It's a formal setting, rather than in your own livingroom (like any ordinary Shepherding visit). How can you have missed all the references, on this site, to being "taken into the back room"?

Min:I'm not the picketting type, either, otherwise I could easily have staged something and bombarded the local press. The local populace would have loved it, too, but it's just not my style...

• minimus
    minimus

Listen. When you agree to meet with them, period, they can rightfully assume that you are acknowledging their authority. Defintely so in the KH. I know of a friend that recently said the same thing you did about suing etc. A couple of months later along with a few appeals, hegot df'd for apostasy and he simply represented his opinions based upon only the Bible and Society literature. If you want to disassociate yourself just do it. YOU WILL NOT WIN WITH THEM! They change the rules. You seem green with the methods used by the Society and elders. Remember, these are the Society's agents. They will do whatever mother tells them to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit