Elders/ex-Elders, is lying to achieve a JC okay?

by AuldSoul 101 Replies latest members private

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    anyone who leaves their cult gets their name smeared no matter how they leave.

Auld, Did you ask you wife pointedly WHO was telling to her to regard you as bad association?

She should be able to tell you.

I did a gradual fade--no meetings, no Field Service for three years. All the while, my first husband didn't leave the Borg when I did. I stayed in the marriage and did everything to keep my children from getting brainwashed. I told them-- and they understood-- that if they go with Daddy to meetings, they would be encouraged pressured into getting baptized as young teens. After getting baptized, if they changed their minds about what religion to follow, their "daddy" would treat them as if they did not exist. My efforts worked and my children are now well adjusted non-JWs who know this religion's emotional blackmail tactics. Our marriage didn't survive the religious differences. After 11 years it ended in divorce.

YC

• willyloman
    willyloman

I vote for "don't allow them to have any authority over you." The one thing that drives elders crazy is when you openly demonstrate that they don't matter. They hate that!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

AuldSoul,

I read some of the replies to your circumstance and question. I would add an option you may or may not want to pursue, depending on your preferences.

If an elder called and said he and two other elders wanted to talk with me I’d ask then and there to be told exactly what this meeting was for; and I mean a detailed explanation. If the elder hesitated for a single moment to answer my question, or otherwise appeared reticent, I would immediately respond as the Society does when request is made for a meeting with one of its representatives. I’d say, You think about my question and then send me something in writing with your request, including the specifics about the reason for the meeting and what it would entail. If this meeting is important then my request is important too.

If the meeting they have in mind is non-judicial in nature then these elders have no reason whatsoever not to give you written notice of why they want to meet with you and spell out the details in advance. If they refuse your request then two things have happened. 1) You know the meeting is either a judicial hearing or preliminary to a judicial hearing. 2) If they proceed without you and have not complied with your request for a written explanation then you have them for fraud since they told you the meeting was not judicial.

Marvin Shilmer

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

YoursChelbie,

I did ask specifically. I know where it came from now and am following up on it. I was hopping mad when I found that. I am still seething, but I have a direction to pursue now so I am able to maintain calm, determined, purposeful rage . Oxymoronic? Probably. So, sue me.

Marvin Shilmer,

First of all, hello. Pleased to make your acquaintance. You are a legend here and I have some questions for you that I will be sending by PM.

Thank you for your advice. That is excellent! I may be able to get the next phone call recorded...I'll try. I'll make sure and advise the elder who calls that the conversation may be recorded for purposes of serving as my witness of what was said, in case any action is attempted against me at a later date.

Would that end the call? His choice, right?

AuldSoul

• JT
    JT

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/18993/1.ashx

The Following is MY Opinion on the matter-- Like it or hate it
    Life is Still good

------------------------------------------------------------

Every so often we will get a person asking the question should he DA himself or not.

As many of you know I am a very strong believer in the power of the Net in seeking advice on such an issue. While we have discussed this issue many times and the opinions go the whole length from:

"No don't do it" to "Yes do it and get some closure", it has been agreed on that it is indeed a personal matter based on many things

In this thread we discussed the 2 major issues that a person needs to consider:

1. How

2. Timing

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=5574&site=3#66584

Now as for me at this point in my life I would not waste the Stamp, Paper or Time to write a DA letter, since I know it is the Brain Child of the Legal Dept to protect themselves-

So for me I would not give them the Legal Document in THIER hand that "Could" prevent me from at a Future time SUING them SUCCESSFULLY-

I mean-- think about- it was just a few years ago a Black woman sue the KKK and end up with all their property-

who would have thought 25 yrs ago that a black woman would be able to sue the KKK and end up with their "Club House"

So for me I wouldn't DA myself--------- "BUT, BUT"

IF I were to DA myself I would do it right!!!!!!!!!!

I often see here on the net some excellent DA letters, but the problem is they are being sent and mailed off to:

MO, LARRY AND CURLY (AKA) Congregation Service Committee, who will start to read about 3 lines-- realize it is a DA letter-- and just look for the one line that says "I no longer want to be known as a JW"-

Now what makes this phrase in quotes so funny is that it is exactly what the wt has stated they want you to put in your letter

and most folks willingly comply-

I see that phrase --"I no longer want to be known as a JW"-so many times in DA letters that folks write --

one would think that the LegaL Dept sent it out in "Form" format to all the congregations and all you need to do is ask the SEC could you have DA form #3df2

Realizing that if I did send in a DA I’m going to be Dogggggggggggggged anyway and cut off from anyone who knows me

--then I figure I might as well go out with a Blast and let the last laugh be on them.

I would sit down and write my letter and point out the reasons why- flip-flops, dates, and alternative service. Blood., the UN "THANG" ETC.

But I would not send it to MO, LARRY AND CURLY-- O NO that would make it too easy for WT.

I would make the WT work for this damn DA- smile . I would send it straight to the Legal Dept addressed to Carolyn Wah, or Phillip Brumley or Big William Bell-

I would also CC: copies to all the Local Religious Editors of papers here in DC

Wash Post , Wash Times and esp the small local community papers that are just looking for stuff to fill up the void in those papers—SMILE—

I would also include TO THE SOCIETY ONLY that nice little "LEGAL LETTER" I have seen posted on this site by someone- where it basically says:

"Don't FU%K with Me- It will cost you!!!!!!!!!!

At that point they will shoot a copy over to the Service Dept and then they will start to look up my ZIP code ALL THE WHILE SAYING :

"Where in the He!! does that damn JT live"

Then they will see Wash, DC and over it goes to the bro on the service desk who handles this area.

Then he may recognize who I am –- IF NOT--- HE WILL look into the Database to see if I was ever appointed and then "HOLY SH!T I know JT" we used to work in the bindery together SMILE

Since they have no idea where I have moved to they will then start with the CO's and City Overseer-

letters will be drafted in accord with legals instructions to: "Find his Black A$$" AKA "BA"

Hey look I'm gonna get dogged anyway might as well have some fun while I'm at it

Then UNBEKNOWN to the local elders they get this letter from Patterson asking them to do follow-up along with with copies to the COs in this area,

but they ain't got no ADDRESS so they hit the Internet YAHOO people search hunting down my "BA"

In the mean time a couple of Local papers "The Penny Pincher" and the "Thrifty Nickel" have carried a story:

"Black JW Man & Woman Quits church after Flip Flops"

they print all the flip-flops -give ALL REFERENCES found in wt publications.

Local JW begin to exp. a harder time in FIELD SERVICE trying to deny what the Society has IN PRINT

Local Bro are waiting for elders to announce that JT and Lady "C" have been DA, but none comes forth due to possible lawsuit and more bad press

So the JW "Rumor Mill" goes into High Gear, esp when they see that E320 Benz that "Lady C" is driving.
    They say such things as"

"JT is selling Drugs, Pimping HOs and cheating the IRS"

O HOW I JUST LOVE IT----------

Yes my friends if you are going to DA yourself then in my opinion and my opinion ONLY:

DO THE DAMN THANG RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And have some fun

Now this in my view is CLOSURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just my 2

James

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

From "Pay Attention to the Flock" p110

"Handling Judicial Cases

Do not send an individual any kind of correspondence
    that directly accuses him of specific wrongdoing.

It is best for two elders to speak with the indlvidual and
    invite him to meet with the Judicial committee.

Suitable arrangements should be made as to the time
    and place of the hearing.

State what the person's course of action is supposed to
    have been.

If it is necessary to send a written invitation, you should
    simply state what the individual's course is alleged to have
    been, the time and place of the hearing, and how the
    person can contact the chairman if the arrangements are
    inconvenient for him.

If the accused wishes to bring witnesses who can speak
    in his defense regarding the matter, he may do so.

However, observers are not permitted.

No tape-recording devices are allowed.

If the accused reeatedly fails to come to the hearing,
    the committee will proceed with the hearing but will not "

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    JT: In the mean time a couple of Local papers "The Penny Pincher" and the "Thrifty Nickel" have carried a story:

That is the new plan, and I have already had the offer of help. I don't think I will send the letter to the Society, it will need to be published as an open letter to protect the congregation from using the announcement about my no longer being one of Jehovah's Witnesses as reason to slander me. I wouldn't want them mising out on paradise on my account. Besides, I know people all over the country...I don't want them finding out by word of mouth. That would be terribly unkind.

Ain't I a nice AuldSoul to be looking out for the well being of the congregations like that?

AuldSoul

• sf
    sf

Nice work JT.

{{ Bravo JT !!! }}

sKally

• findingmyway
    findingmyway

"JT is selling Drugs, Pimping HOs and cheating the IRS"

That's funny! That would be the only thought that would come to mind that would explain the fancy car that Lady C drives. God forbid you all actually worked honest and hard for it.

• bailabklyn
    bailabklyn

I wouldn't expect them to tell the truth.

What exactly was the conversation? Did you ask them what specifically the meeting was about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit