I don't know if this is the right place for but please someone help me out.

by rohrix 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

First of all Ive been on the other end of your situation. There was a someone when I was in high school that very much wanted to date me and I gave the same response, that I could only date other JWs. Fortunately when he looked into the religion he realized it was a crock and although I didnt believe him and it didnt pull me out of the religion at the time I was forever greatful that I did not have his conversion on my conscience.

When you decide you no longer want to be a JW or study all the love drives up and turns into bitter hatred. You will be shunned by all JWs without exception and your friend would be pressured to cut all ties with you or face the same treatment.

They are very good at "hop scotching" through the bible to prove points when in fact they are twisting it to say what they want it to. And there retain people by such methods as telling you that "satan" will persecute you for studying with them so that when your family is concerned and tries to get you to stop it seems like they are right. They aren't right.

I think it's unfortunate that you have feelings for a JW but I think it's ill advised to pursue those feelings in any extent. I'm sorry if the truth hurts but that's a fact of life.

• defd
    defd

They are very good at "hop scotching" through the bible to prove points when in fact they are twisting it to say what they want it to.

Give an example.

D.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    They are very good at "hop scotching" through the bible to prove points when in fact they are twisting it to say what they want it to.

Give an example.

D.

The 1914 doctrine for one thing. They jump between several different bible books in both testaments an attempt to prove their man-made philosophies. God certainly would not have intended the bible to be read in this manner loosely connecting similar terms to develop wildly speculative theories. We have the "Seven times" in daniel, then their interpretation of it as 2x3.5 times (or 2 x 1,260 days) from revelation, again they jump to ezekial and numbers to apply their abitrary a day for a year rule. The entire doctrine is unreasonable and full of holes but it does show their hopscotching nicely, the point of hopscotching to be jumping about wildly and making out of context consideration.

• defd
    defd

The bible is harmonious. From beginning to the end it is threaded together. The bible may contain 66 little books, However them combined make ONE book. What you accuse us of doing could be said about Jesus as well. He used scriptures to make application. As a matter of fact so did paul. Daniel is a good example of using scriptures to determine when the exile would be over. There are many many examples of faithful ones USING the scriptures to ascertain Correct understanding of Prophecy.

D.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Check out the links in this thread

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/77159/1.ashx

Best of....I'm married to or dating a JW.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Have we had our obligatory 3 "I'm in love with a Witless" yet this week?

You're a senior in high school. You haven't dated her, yet you want to spend the rest of your life with her. Sounds like you have found true love. I'd abandon college, join the Witlesses, and become a pioneer, so you can be poor the rest of your days and become a bitter old fool, with 3 kids that you schlep around to church 5 times a week.

Please I wouldn't want to rob anyone of the uplifting, spiritual "high" I got from being a Witless of Jehoba Golly.

Ok....now that I'm done being funny.....que the laugh track.....seriously.....go off to college and DO NOT pay this girl one more iota of attention. Go find a real life and meet someone that will love you for who you currently are. Not make you change who you are simply to date.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    The bible is harmonious. From beginning to the end it is threaded together. The bible may contain 66 little books, However them combined make ONE book. What you accuse us of doing could be said about Jesus as well. He used scriptures to make application. As a matter of fact so did paul. Daniel is a good example of using scriptures to determine when the exile would be over. There are many many examples of faithful ones USING the scriptures to ascertain Correct understanding of Prophecy.

D.

I'm not directing this at the jw's in particular, but anyone can go and twist scriptures and put their own text and opinion to them... if you want a good example of this then go to www.landoverbaptist.com It depends if one takes scripture out of context and twists it their way, or if they keep it in context like Jesus and Paul.

The bible may contain 66 little books

No there 73 books in the bible and the books ain't small, the pages are just skinny and the writing is small Evanescence

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi rohrix, and welcome

If you are considering taking this step, plesae, for your own sake, do plenty of research about what you are getting yourself into, it's a far bigger commitment than you can possibly imagine. I would suggest also that you take a look on sites like freeminds and silentlambs, they will help you see the kind of organisation you are considering becoming part of.

• defd
    defd

No there 73 books in the bible

Im not touching that one.

and the books ain't small,

Hun, The word bible is translated from the word Biblia, which means little books.

D.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    Hun, The word bible is translated from the word Biblia, which means little books.

So.... I don't see them fitting in the short-stories section.... but ok, you meant little not short

Im not touching that one.

Y not? it doesn't bite.... the NRSV (New revised standard version) is my favourite

Evanescence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit