I don't know if this is the right place for but please someone help me out.

by rohrix 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome rohrix!

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Hey, glad I could make your day, MJ. I might be madly in love at the moment, but I'm not an idiot and I'm certainly not blind. My JW boyfriend finds is offensive that I'm researching his religion, but too bad, I have to know what I'm getting myself into before I make any further commitments. He can sulk all he wants, he can't stop me from uncovering the truth about "the Truth".

Rohrix, if you're looking for my thread about dating a JW, here's the link for it:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/20/101985/1.ashx

There's lots of great advice there from the concerned members of JWD, it'll certainly give you something to think about and research for yourself. Don't do anything rash until you get some facts on this organization!!

And keep in touch!!

-Becka :)

PS: MJ, I love that Bible verse in your bio - if only the JWs would follow that one, we wouldn't be in this trouble!!

"You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men." 1 Cor 7:23

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

What I think is important that if you join a religion or faith, you've got to be dedicated a bit more to it. Its no good joining a religion you have no idea, commitment or belief in.

Evanescence

• Cocoon
    Cocoon

Everyone's comments are right on. One more observation I'd like to make is this (if I may be so bold): If you want to have the optimum sex life with someone you love, forget about life with a JW girl. Women in this religion are taught that sex is an obligatory function as a "good wife." Not to mention that the Watchtower dictates a married couple's sex life. Forget about oral sex, masturbation, or any type of consensual experimental activities. It will be ho hum for the rest of your life...My parents used to have sex once a month or so for 10 minutes max and I can tell you my mother didn't enjoy it. It was her "duty." They slept in separate bedrooms except for their rendezvous. There's a whole world out there for you (sex just being one aspect of it but an important aspect). Don't sell yourself short or waste your time with this girl. You're way too young and you will find someone someday who will make her pale in comparison. Brenda Lee, author of "Out of the Cocoon: A Young Woman's Courageous Flight from the Grip of a Religious Cult" www.outofthecocoon.net

• love11
    love11

If things ever go bad between you and her, would you still be ok with becoming a Jehovah's Witness and possibly even raising kids in the religion? Think about it good and hard. Sometimes just because you love someone, doesn't mean you'll love your life with them.

• rohrix
    rohrix

Thanks everyone for all of your support. I will not join the WTS. I've done much research about it, and i think i will do even more about it. I may seem young and impressionable but believe me I am not as such. She doesn't seem happy and it seems she just needs someone to talk to seriously about how she feels. She has only known other JW's in her life so when she did have her doubt's (and she did) she couldn't talk to anyone about it except other JW's. I will try to be here for her whenever she wants to talk. My plan is to try and save her from the thing that has such a horrible hold on her. I won't try to rip her from it but I just want to help her. Thanks everyone, I'll keep you posted on the happanings.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, rohrix. Very noble of you to try. I've been working on it for four years and counting now.

I suggest you start by asking questions. This opens her up to thinking before answering. You want to encourage as much independent thinking as possible. Also keep in mind that walking away from the Watchtower Society comes at a very steep price. It is very possible her family will refuse to talk to her afterwards. So walk respectfully.

• These3Words
    These3Words

rohrix, Please read 2Peter:2 all of it.

• Golf
    Golf

I never had second thoughts in marrying my non-witness wife. She knew I was a JW. Hmmmmmmm, may be you should ask my wife. (a little humor)

Golf

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Ms Whip-well said!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit