I don't know if this is the right place for but please someone help me out.

by rohrix 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Glad I can count on some people, even if you are all crazy.

Good luck in the "normal" JW's! Can't say we didnt warn ya .

GBL

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Please, do yourself a favour and just don't get involved. I might not be all that experienced in this particular area and I'm certainly no expert in the strange world of the WTS, but I do know that when you get involved with a Jehovah's Witness, you're only setting yourself up for heartbreak.

I'm involved with a very sweet JW man right now, and it's breaking my heart every single day. I love him very much, but the WTS is making my life and my romance very trying. I'm still not sure if this is even worth it.

If you want some accounts of first-hand experience with dating a JW, feel free to PM me. I'm no expert, but I can certainly share my story with you. And by all means, stick around this forum, there's lots of people here willing to listen and help.

-Becka :)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello Rohrix and welcome!

Now that you have seen the laundry list of JW "don'ts and restrictions" you can get an idea of what life is like AS a JW. If you truly love her, the kindest thing you could do is to get HER OUT of this wacky man-made religion! What you have seen here is only the tip of the iceberg and all the changing orders from Brooklyn headquarters are subject to change as soon as the next WTS magazine comes out. Watchtower "truth" is only as good as the most recent publication says it is!

I WAS a JW for 30 years and have seen MANY changes in their beliefs...right down to being told that when they go to one of their conventions.....that they are not to go outside the arena for lunch! I kid you not. THIS is the control that this so-called religion has over its members, and the penalties for "not going along with their program" are to kick you to the curb and not allow any JWs to speak to you never again. They mean business......a publishing business, a psuedo-christian religion/publishing company made up in their (the leaders) own minds.

ASK your friend about the things you have learned here. Stick around and let us know what she says and what excuses she gives for the WTS peculiar behavior and oddball teachings. (If she is a strong JW---she will defend these teachings). We'll be more than happy to see you through this and help you if and when we can.

hugs,

Annie

With Jehovah as a friend no matter what life may bring, He will ALWAYS be there for you and offer relief and comfort.

DFed,

This comment (so far) is true. If Rohrix asks, God will be his friend.....and will offer relief and comfort......whether he is a JW....or not.

God's love is NOT exclusive of the WTS members, although they teach this...yet another falsehood from the pages of the WTS litter-ature.

• daystar
    daystar
    I lost my head for a moment. Glad I can count on some people, even if you are all crazy.

Crazy? Yeah, crazy like a fox!

Don't do it. You'll regret it in one way or another.

• ghostbuster
    ghostbuster

I had a friend who converted from islam to christianity for the love of a woman (baptist). I told him not to go getting confused with religion and that he didn;t know what he was doing. He converted and married the christian girl.

The result.

1. She tricked him into getting her pregnant,

2. She got her baby and kicked him out of the house on bogus claims, her JW mother backed her all the way and may have had a hand in it too.

3. The congregation showed no or little compassion.

4. a)He gets little contact with his son

b)she divorced him,

c)he lost his share of their property

Advice stay away mate.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Have any job with a gun

Well there is NEW LIGHT on that one- It is up to conscience

• Carmel
    Carmel

By the time my kids were seniors in high school they had attended dozens of churches, traveled to several foreign countries, were active in highschool sports and probably had a broader and more enclusive experiance than 99% of american kids, yet, they still had no clue about the behind-the-scenes issues of all kinds things in life, even religion. As a high school senior, I can't imagine that you have anything but a superficial grasp of most of the worlds major issues.

I encourage you to seriously study religion, not for the reason of chosing one, but to see the role it has played in history, how it has been used (abused) and what the psychological, emotional and political enterfaces are with it. Until you make a scientific study of religion, you are subject to the charlatans that use any force to influence and control others. Religion is a strong force in beings that are essentially spiritual (you'll need to come to terms with that term too) having a material experiance. Used for good, it will make your life enjoyable and purposeful, used other wise and it will be a manifestation of the dark side of the human psyche!

Be warned, my friend! Fire is a wonderful element, but it can destroy as well as warm!

I wish you well.

Carmel

• M.J.
    M.J.

Super-Becka, you just made my day!

I really commend you for keeping your cool and using your head on this matter...I didn't when I was in your shoes!

jgnat, don't give up on that batting average just yet!

Rohrix, SB put out a thread a little while ago very similar to yours. She's ahead of you by a few weeks worth of reading so you might want to compare notes!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi rohrix, and welcome.

You sound like an intelligent and thoughtful young man; a man who thinks for himself and doesn't let other people tell him what to do.

I Say, "Go for it!"

Become one of Jehovah's Witnesses because you think some Dub chick will give you a second glance if you do.

Yeah, do it. And be sure to tell us how you are enjoying your six hours of Bible Study every week - five one hour meetings and one hour for your personal study with someone who will set you on the road to paradise. Let us know how smoothly you sweep that chick off her feet and how together you enjoy smiling at each other during the Watchtower study. Yeah, let us know.

It will be great theater, and there's nothing good on TV right now.

...or become Amish; that's a lot of fun too.

• rohrix
    rohrix

Well everyone, i Plan to ask her all about what she thinks. I will not do anything rash. I'll tell you all how it goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit