Something I want to tell you apostates

by LeftBehind 136 Replies latest jw friends

• KimKat
    KimKat

Dear Leftbehind,

sorry that you feel that you have been hurt and your family destroyed - but I do feel that unconditional

love will help you and your family overcome this. And since JW's teach and even take to court thier

right to religious freedom, I am sure you can respect others choice of a different religious view.

After all - if you want others to accept your beliefs, you have to accept thiers!!!

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    Isn't your God strong enough???

OOOhhh. PIE~YOW. Right in the gut. I felt that one.

Go Andi, iz ya birfday, get bizy, go 'head

• Jez
    Jez
    A family member went apostate and has turned his back on Jehovah

This is what irritates me the most. The assumption that a person that has left the religion called Jehovahs Witnesses has automatically left God.

Jez

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I so love hit and runs

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

I know it is a difficult time for you and your family, but how do you know that what he saw were lies? What makes you so certain that everything we say here is lies about Jehovah and his Organization if you have never bothered to investigate it? Do you honestly think someone would risk losing all their family and freinds for unsubstantiated lies? This is very unlikely.

So called apostates do not ruin families, the Watchtower Society ruins families, the truth does not fear investigation, the reason you and all the other JW's are forbidden from reading material that disagrees with the Society is because they know if you did you would find out the truth about things. If the truth the Society teaches can not hold up under scrutiny then it is not the truth!

IC

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

If I had a nickel every time a JDub said "He/She turned their back on Jehovah". I'd be rich. I love the groupthink at work. They never deviate from this either. Same words, same order, same tone. LOL

But this newbie has a point guys.....I think we should call off Apostate Field Service. Oh, that's right we aren't the ones going around beating on doors trying to convert people. We post on an internet discussion board. One in which is clearly labeled as being Ex-JW's. Someone needs to come find us, not the other way around.

Why blame us. Keep the blame where it belongs. Satan and the demunz made him do it.

Maybe if you stick around dear you might learn why your family member has realized why the cult you are in sucks. Welcome.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Sorry but I can't help it, there has been enough kind-hearted explanations so far, so I will say it if nobody else will... LeftBehind, BLOW ME!

• Bryan
    Bryan

Wow... That's exactly the way we feel about you Witneses.

Tell me. This person left and you say it destroyed your family. Is he shunning you? If he is not, then you have destroyed your family; those of you shunning.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• undercover
    undercover

So you got left behind because your family member chooses not to be a JW anymore. Is that because he refuses to associate with you or because you refuse to associate with him?

If you are shunning him because of his choice, I can understand your anger. You're angry because you're losing a family member. But, it's not us who caused you to leose him, it's your religion. It's your religion that forces you to shun any who leave the religion. Deep down inside I bet you don't want to shun him, you want to continue to be family, but you can't because the Society says it's wrong. And then they read a couple of scriptures out of context to you to show you that you have to obey to accept god's favor.

Well, I got news for you. It works both ways. I just found out that a close friend of mine growing up had a joyous occasion yesterday. He's a current JW, I'm inactive, but we still stay in contact, or I thought we did. After this momentous occasion, he called his family, his friends, other members of my family, workmates even. I found out through the grapevine. He chose to not share his happy news with me, where at one time, he would have. He wasn't being shunned by me, I still care about him and his family, I try to keep up with them. It was he who left me out when it came time to share something good with his friends and family. I was left out. I was left behind. I can only assume it's because I am inactive and no longer accepted as good association with those at the hall, meaning him and his family. Right now I am angry. Not at him, but at the stupid religion that dupes people into treating other people like shit.

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Hey, see you at the next meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit