Something I want to tell you apostates

by LeftBehind 136 Replies latest jw friends

• Confession
    Confession

Dear Left Behind,

Most all of us have been precisely where you are now. You think we are "apostates" because the Watchtower Society has told you this. You know how irritating it is when someone in the world says you're in a "cult?" They don't really know what that word means, do they? Just like people used to accuse women of being "witches" hundreds of years ago, just before they killed them. I will suggest, therefore, that you do some research and thinking on this word, "apostate."

It is true that the majority no longer believe the Watchtower Society is what it claims to be, but this in no way makes us enemies of God. To suggest such a thing is extremely presumptuous. We have left this organization, not because we are a pack of Satanic jerks bent on turning people away from Jehovah--but because we discovered what the Society does not want you to discover. It isn't through deceit or trickery; it is quite simple: looking at all the information. The Society itself encourages such an investigation.

[The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life, 1968, p. 13]

We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with God's Word, or are they based on the traditions of men? If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination.

Are you a lover of truth? Then why would you refuse to look at all the information, rather than putting implicit trust in a group of men? If after doing so, you find that the Society is not what you always thought it was--and you are willing to speak what you believe to be the truth, is that wrong? The Society says it isn't...

[Watchtower, November 15, 1963]

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false.

To say it's right and good to examine your religion if you're NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses--but somehow evil if you ARE one is wrong. It's hypocrisy. Your family member has not "left Jehovah." He's just discovered the truth about "The Truth." It's not.
  • jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

*hangs head in shame* Only one family member?

We are slipping, guys... lol

J

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I want you to know that you have destroyed a family because of your lies about Jehovah and his organization. Which lies would those be? A family member went apostate and has turned his back on Jehovah. He told us he is never coming back and I know he went and visited internet sites. I'm sure he did. Does it matter to you what he found out there? For all I know he could be on this one. It does not matter anyway. I wanted to let you know that Jehovah still loves you and to please stop trying to actively take Jehovah's sheep out of the organization. No. People deserve to know the truth and I for one won't stop telling them. Isn't that YOUR attitude too? You don't know how this has wrecked our family. Actually, most of us do! I will not come back to this board but you apostates need help. If you want to stay out fine, but stop trying to take witnesses out. Keep posting - seriously!

• undercover
    undercover
    I want you to know that you have destroyed a family because of your lies about Jehovah and his organization. A family member went apostate and has turned his back on Jehovah. He told us he is never coming back and I know he went and visited internet sites.

So because he visited Internet sites, it's our fault somehow? Wasn't he warned to not visit "apostate" sites? How does visiting an Internet site destroy ones faith in God? Maybe he saw something that made him question things. Is that wrong? What's wrong with knowledge? Except that it upsets your little apple cart?

And...what lies are you talking about? You come here and accuse us of this terrible deed, let's see what it is we supposedly lied about. Lay your charges out where we can see them and then defend ourselves.

So he "went apostate", huh?. Well, one can't go apostate, one becomes an aposate. It's a noun. Look it up.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

lol Jeannie

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Listen, buddy, I am gonna tell you something that might shock you, ok??

Your religion destroyed MY family. DESTROYED it and I am PISSED about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and we are on the INTERNET.

We CAN'T go out and pull people out of the horrible, unloving, unChristain, MAN-MADE organization that says THINKING is against the rules. (ie: no independent thinking! What the heck other kind of thinking is there???)

People who are hurting come to us.

They come because there is no love in the Org. Because people are treated as dead by their own family! For things like smoking, or for not believing in 1914.

Where the Heck does Jesus say to treat people as DEAD?? You call that God's love? You think god wouldn't have a hell, but he would have people put in hell on earth??

If I wasn't so angry right now I would feel sorry for you.

We didn't hurt you buddy. Your man-made rules hurt you. And us.

• Purza
    Purza

I am sorry for your pain. Perhaps if we all just let each other believe what we wanted, instead of what we are TOLD by the Watchtower Bible and Tract society we could all get along. Perhaps if shunning was no longer required, we could all get along. My family has been destroyed because they can't accept that there may be some other truth out there. Open up your mind and heart a bit and realize there is more to life than the Watchtower.

Purza

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    It does not matter anyway.

it sure as hell doesn't.

He'll be eating lucky charms watching the smurfs next saturday morning while you're out in the rain trying to pawn off 32 pages of 4 color horse shit.

And guess what? I'm a snake in the grass too. I'm still among you. I handed you the microphone at the last meeting. I cued the song. I cut your grandmothers grass last weekend. I said the praer before the book study. And its all a facade.

• carla
    carla

You mean simply looking at other information will make someone turn their back on their god? How odd, I find real faith is not so easily shaken. But then some of us believe in God rather than a man made organization. Some have decided to worship God rather than the Watchtower.

As for feeling that somone ruined your family, you should thank the wt for that and their cruel shunning policies. If you are unable to love someone simply for not agreeing with those you worship (meaning the wt) maybe you need to look how conditional your love is. What is hard is to keep loving someone you not only disagree with but who allows mere men to micromanage their entire life. Unfortunately, this also changes the fabric of the entire family, therefore the wt in a way controls our lives without our consent. But we continue to talk to, and spend time with our misled, brainwashed loved ones. Can you do the same?

• undercover
    undercover
    I'm still among you. I handed you the microphone at the last meeting. I cued the song. I cut your grandmothers grass last weekend. I said the praer before the book study. And, you don't know I'm an apostate!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit