Should Gay marriages be legalised?

by jwfacts 89 Replies latest members politics

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I know a number of gays that have been together for years, even decades. They build their lives and assets together. What is sad is when one dies the other one has no rights to any of the property. That dead persons assets go to the nearest living relative.
    In Australia two people that live together have similar rights to a married couple and are referred to as defacto. If Christian standards in regards to marriage do not have to apply legally for hetrosexual partners, then why should it for homosexual? It seems fairly accepted by everyone who answered here, so why is it not accepted by politicians?

• void
    void

Enigma One

"Void it's pretty obvious from your post you have some self-loating issues going on. Hopefully you can work those out. The first step is learning to love yourself."

Its pretty obvious to me that you are an American which belive that everybody in the world must conform to your closed mindset. Self-loating ha ha, yeah thats it exactly.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Seem pretty touchy about it there Void. Read your post:

Well, I myself am Bisexual. Until recently I only started exploring my dark side. For a long time I felt a terrible ammount of guilt even thinking about the subject. And as it happens only a few months ago I started fooling around with guys. I say fooling around because I dont like to word dating, having a boyfriend, couple... ( DARK SIDE? If you embraced yourself would you call it a DARK SIDE? TERRIBLE AMOUNT OF GUILT. FOOLING AROUND. Can't bring yourself to actually admit you like having sex with other guys hmmmm??? )

So Void..... you are either being a troll..... or you don't like youself very much. I don't know you from Adam, so why would I care if you are gay / straight / bisexual. I just hope you can find some peace and acceptance in your life. Sorry wishing you find happiness is offense to you.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

why make marriages a legal issue at all...

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Because marrage is a legal issue. It is state of being that has been granted legal rights.

If you live together and do a little ceremony you have made up and say 'we are married in the eyes of god', you are not actually married until you have gone through the ceremony outlined by law. Its as legal as a contract or a will, or any other legally binding document or arrangement.

If you dont do the right legal things you cant be entitled to the legal rights that attach to it.

If you want to argue that marriage shouldnt be a legal state, then you would also have to get rid of all the legal entitlements associated with it. It would all just be based on what people said and did and the courts wouldnt have an mechanism to pick between difficult life situations when they arose and decide who got what and who owed who what etc.

• void
    void

"Seem pretty touchy about it there Void. Read your post: "
    Touchy about what? liking to suck cock or or listen to idiots like you, whos only objective is to cause an arguement.
    Internet tough guys like you frighten me so much, I think I will never post again.
    "I DON'T THINK THAT'S THE OPINION OF ANY GAY PEOPLE I'VE TALKED TO). "
    So the people you spoke to account for everybody in the world? That good to know, have any of them ever called you a fag hag?

You far from wish me happiness, your only goal is to provoke and frankly you can shove it up your arse.
    How do you like them apples?

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Angry little guy aren't ya?

LOL

Best wishes, and hopefully you can find some self actualized inner-peace. The Dub's never taught us how to be happy in the here and now. They only taught us how to feel guilty, shameful, and miserable. Embrace your inner gay child Void. Peace out.

• void
    void

Seems there are patronizing pricks on every website... Yawn.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

My idiot dubbie brother has given up a well-paid easy job as Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages as he cannot bring himself to marry gay people. What a loser. Now he will sit on his big elder ass at home with his four grown-up sons who still live at home whilst his wife carries on working AND doing ALL the household tasks, AND be complemented on how he is showing faithfulness to Jehober. Pity this doesn't include telling his sons his wife is not a servant for them.

Forscher

I disagree. I think the slippery slope argument is a very viable argument in this situation.

No. By definition something that is a 'slippery slope' argument is NOT a viable argument. Check up on 'logical fallacies'.

After all, Where do you draw the line? At polygamy?

Why not allow polygamous marriages? As long as every one is a consenting adult.

At pedophiliacs?

Errr... you realise how unreasoned even mentioning paedophiles makes you sound? You start talking about criminal rapists when everyone else is talking about law-abiding consenting adults.

Please, re-examine your attitudes. You might, due to your background, not realise how totally invalid your argument is.

void

You say;

For a long time I felt a terrible ammount of guilt even thinking about the subject. And as it happens only a few months ago I started fooling around with guys. I say fooling around because I dont like to word dating, having a boyfriend, couple...

... and conclude with;

Are you open minded enough to have a gay guy say its wrong for gay people to marry?

As you are so clearly conflicted and in turmoil, your opinion at the moment is not really relevant to whether gay marriage is 'wrong or not'. Are you seriously telling me you feel you have a balanced opinion, when you clearly think it is 'wrong' and are plagued with guilt??

I mean, listen to yourself;

I think myself its pretty nasty for 2 men or women to get married, its not natural at all, but its fun to explore.

Why is it "pretty nasty"? You're spewing opinions, not reasoned argument.

And why isn't it "natural"? Are you unaware of the vast number of species which display homosexual activity, down to the maintenance of stable pair-bonds? Maybe if you learnt more about homosexuality, rather than accepting what you have been told is true as true, you will actually feel better about yourself?

Where I live people believe that being gay is wrong and that Japanese people in general are not gay.

And children believe in Santa Claus, and some people still believe breaking mirrors is unlucky. Just because that is what people think doesn;t make it so; before you lecture someone about American attitudes you should demonstrate you have learnt about the rest of the world yourself.

But there are a lot of allowances for younger people to have some fun, after you grow up you should start a normal family, I myself like that attitude. I pretty much think it is enough.

And of course, you are influenced by the conflicted attitude of the culture you are in toward homosexuality.

In general I think gay people themselves dont really care,

I'd actually ask some if I were you.

If they brough back a partner that was 10 years older than them?

Provided the person bringing someone home was mature themselves, why should I care if their partner is 10 years older than them if it is a good relationship.

Who was into SM in a big way?

SM as in the consensual sexual activity practised by people who respect and understand the safety given by guidelines like SSC or RACK?? Why should I mind? If you're taking about pathological sadomasochism, that is a different thing entirely.

Openly camp?

Why should I care?

Internet tough guys like you frighten me so much, I think I will never post again.

You might not be gay, but you're one hell of a drama queen. Stop feeling so damn sorry for yourself and engage in the discussion.

By the way, your English is excellent. Unless you'd mentioned it I'd have never guessed you lived in Japan.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    liking to suck cock

HEY HEY HEY, theres nothing wrong with liking to suck cock, (as long as you dont kiss you mother within the same 90 minute period)

or listen to idiots like you

Come on, how can Enigma be an idiot when hes got such a gorgeous body? Huh? You know you fancy him as much as I do, dont go throwing a hissy fit on him because youre worried he wont be interested in a lemon. How about asking him nicely for a date.

On second thoughts, join the queue gayboy and wait your turn

(all said with warm christian love dearest Angry V)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit