Defeating the Atheist/Agnostics (an evolving post)

by JasonSea 122 Replies latest jw friends

• JasonSea
    JasonSea

I truly did not expect these type of responses from a Jehovahs Witness forum. I am indeed amazed. Fact of the matter is that the atheist believes, by faith, that all those who believe in God are suffering from some sort of delusion. He cannot prove it empirically with his treasured scientific methodology thus it is faith that inspires him to deny the miraculous and cling to the list of things the atheist scientific have brainwashed the young to believe in their atheist schools, period. Case closed and YOU LOSE unless, of course, you can prove empiricially with your scientific methods that mankind was not created miraculously and instead evolved from single-celled organisms. If ANYONE believes such a thing without being able to prove it empirically through scientific testing he is a FAITH believer period!

• JasonSea
    JasonSea

The existence of God cannot be proven through the scientific methodology so to believe one must do so on FAITH. The atheists do not have faith so all that they believe must lend itself to being proven empirically through scientific testing. So FAITH is indeed a belief in things that cannot be proven through the scientific methodology, period. Prove empirically why this is not so?

Thank you

• doogie
    doogie
    I hereby officially challenge ANY of you atheist/agnostics to prove EMPIRICALLY, (((the positive))), that your belief in atheist doctrine is not a matter of faith.

i don't know if i've ever come into contact with "Atheist Doctrine", and i can't speak for any of my fellow atheists, but personally (and i know i'm not alone in this feeling), i don't believe that there is NO god(s), i just don't believe IN god(s). get it? it's not that i BELIEVE in the negative(because the negative that no god exists is impossible to empirically prove), i just DON'T believe in the positive (because the positive that god does exist is also not empirically proven).

dontcha know it's impossible to prove a negative, ya big silly???

• JasonSea
    JasonSea

You atheists do not believe in God, but believe that all life evolved from single-celled organisms. You cannot prove this as fact with your scientific methodology thus you are accepting the premise on FAITH. Case closed and YOU LOSE, unless of course you can prove empirically that mankind evolved from single-celled organisms. You know you cannot thus you believe the premise on FAITH. Such is the reality of the empirical as it works against you.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I think your mistake is thinking we are Jehovah's Witnesses Jason. We're not - well at least 95% aren't. JW's are strongly discouraged from using the internet so you probably won;t find many to preach to. Even so they all believe in God and creation so you won't have to do much persuading.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

My....Do our views really bother you that much, Jason?

You cannot prove this as fact with your scientific methodology thus you are accepting the premise on FAITH.

No...I work on knowledge. So unless I KNOW there is a mythological creature/god/debil out there, my views will never change.

• JasonSea
    JasonSea

All that really matters here is the down to Earth truth and that truth is you atheist believe in all sorts of ridiculous things on FAITH in atheist doctrine. That is the truth and you atheists are indeed FAITH BELIEVERS! That makes you even more ignorant that those who KNOW they believe by faith for you think you do not believe your doctrine on faith. Most have faith there is a God while you atheists have FAITH there is no God, period! Your Jesus is Darwin and others who believed as he did. Darwin is your Jesus and you believe his doctrine on FAITH.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Jason:

Intead of telling us what we believe and then declaring yourself to be the victor, why don't you argue based on what we actually wrote? I understand your faith immunises you against most rational argument, but are you completely incapable of understanding other people's viewpoints?

• doogie
    doogie
    All that really matters here is the down to Earth truth and that truth is you atheist believe in all sorts of ridiculous things on FAITH in atheist doctrine. That is the truth and you atheists are indeed FAITH BELIEVERS!

does anyone else find it funny that Jason is taunting us for being like him? ("Ha ha...you're just as deluded as me!")

ok jason, you got me. i believe evolution on faith alone. so why should i change over to your brand of faith? you seem a lot angrier than me...

• jstalin
    jstalin

Jason - here's your problem: you're asking folks to prove a negative. Anyone can throw out a belief, such as JFK was killed by the mafia, and then say to someone "prove me wrong!" Proving a negative is nearly impossible when it comes to speculation. Religion and belief in god are pure speculation, there is no certain knowledge that can possibly be had.

Using the scientific method allows one to use verifiable evidence which is reproducable to make conclusions about the world around us. As was previously mentioned, scientists who formulated the theory of the big bang said that, "if the big bang ocurred, then background radiation should be visible." Well, guess what, cosmic background radiation, just as was predicited, was later discovered. In science, ideas are posited which are based on observable laws of nature, and then they are tested. The test can either prove the theory right or wrong, but the test can be reproduced and the same result will occur.

The big bang is a theory that is constantly being tested with new discoveries. Evolution is a theory that is constantly being tested with new discoveries. In both instances, the evidence is fitting the theory very nicely. There are tweaks here and there, but the basic ideas aren't changing.

Religion and belief in god cannot be tested, tests cannot be reproduced, no theory can be posited and tested, and no certain knowledge can be had. Religion, by definition, is something that exists soley in one's head.

So yes, you are correct in that belief is involved in science, but it is a certain knowledge that allows said belief. I believe the sun will come up tomorrow. That is a belief I have which is based on observable and testable fact. Belief that there is a god and he cares about me is speculation based on nothing other than further speculation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit