Defeating the Atheist/Agnostics (an evolving post)

by JasonSea 122 Replies latest jw friends

• JasonSea
    JasonSea

Hello. I am new here and I have a special gift for you that I have been developing through heated debated with atheist/agnostics in a number of forums of this nature. I feel I am supposed to share this special gift primarily with Jehovahs Witnesses for, through my prayers, I have been extremely inspired by you. Before I enter the post I would like to experiment and get to know how this forum works. Thanks.

SPECIAL EDIT: Okay, I'm getting the hang of this very different format than I am used to. Let me play around some more.
    MORE EDITING: I have never posted in a forum with this type of format. Every time I edit I am defaulted to HTML and extra spaces are placed between paragraphs.
    Well, I guess I'll just enter the main post and hope for the best.

• JasonSea
    JasonSea

INTRODUCTION:

The atheist scientific cannot demand that believers in God prove their beliefs scientifically because believers in God openly admit that they believe on faith. The atheist scientific cannot fall back on that premise so whatever they believe must be able to be proven by the scientific method in order to be empirically valid. The atheist scientific are famous for ridiculing those who believe by faith.

*This is a post that continues to be refined and concentrated. I offer it as a gift to those who believe in God and have been frustrated by astute atheists and their slippery and tricky debate techniques. May you find it useful:

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Similarly, it is an accepted truism that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. God is about the most extraordinary claim there is...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(((WRONG!))) In a world where most of the population believes in some sort of God the atheist claim that they are all suffering from some sort of mass delusion is an extraordinary claim indeed! Since you are of the scientific community, we should demand scientifically quantifiable tests proving consistently that we are all indeed suffering from some sort of mass delusion and there is no God. It seems fair enough to me! After all, you don't expect most of the human population to accept your doctrine on faith alone, right?

Quote:
    But I'm sure you'll just go on demanding that I provide "empirical proof"...

Most of the world population believes in some sort of God or gods. You atheist scientific say there is no God. Of course you are above those who believe by faith. Of course you are, right? So then, give everyone scientific tests we can all conduct ourselves so that we have proof for ourselves that there is no God.

YOU ARE THE SCIENTIFIC-MINDED!

YOU DO NOT BELIEVE WITHOUT QUANTIFIABLE PROOF!

GIVE US SCIENTIFIC TESTS THAT PRODUCE THE EXACT SAME QUANTIFIABLE RESULTS EVERY TIME THAT THERE IS NO GOD!!

You cannot do this for your BELIEF is just that: A Belief; A Faith in atheist doctrine. You think you are so above those who believe by faith, but you are even worse, because you think you are so much wiser and YOU ARE NOT!

I hereby officially challenge ANY of you atheist/agnostics to prove EMPIRICALLY, (((the positive))), that your belief in atheist doctrine is not a matter of faith.

Here is a short list of some of the most famous things you atheists have brainwashed children to believe on (((FAITH))) in your doctrine. So now prove you do not believe these atheist assertions on (((FAITH))):

Prove EMPIRICALLY that there was such a thing as The Big Bang

Prove EMPIRICALLY that humanity evolved from single-celled organisms

Prove EMPIRICALLY that mankind evolved from apes instead of being created miraculously

Prove EMPIRICALLY that 4-5=-1 and there is such a thing as -1

Prove EMPIRICALLY that there is just as much power in a bar of soap as there is in the Name of Jesus Christ and you can heal just as many people miraculously who believe in a bar of soap

Prove EMPIRICALLY that ALL near-death experiences are the result of whatever the hell you atheist Spiritually Fatherless think is actually going on

Prove EMPIRICALLY that the atheist philosophy public school system produces higher quality children than the religious philosophy school systems of America

…or by not doing so you admit you believe your atheist premises on…

in atheist doctrine

and a minority one at that!

Please define faith

Faith is the belief in things that cannot be proven empirically through the scientific method. This post proves that the atheists have traded faith in God for faith in the teachings of Darwin and others like him.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Boy, where to start? Welcome to the board, I guess. As you're new, I'll try to keep the ridicule to a necessary minimum. You really don't make it easy though!

GIVE US SCIENTIFIC TESTS THAT PRODUCE THE EXACT SAME QUANTIFIABLE RESULTS EVERY TIME THAT THERE IS NO GOD!!

You could try the God detector available here: http://www.yo-god.com/

So far, all the tests have come back negative.

I hereby officially challenge ANY of you atheist/agnostics to prove EMPIRICALLY, (((the positive))), that your belief in atheist doctrine is not a matter of faith.

I can't speak for everyone, but my atheism is simply a lack of belief in gods. I don't believe in gods any more than I believe in chupacabras, centaurs, dragons, demons, djinni, elves, fairies, ghosts, goblins, griffons, hobbits, nymphs, phoenixes, sirens, unicorns or zombies. I freely admit I don't have empirical evidence for the non-existence of any of these entities, merely that I have no evidence for their existence and therefore find no reason to believe in any of them.

Prove EMPIRICALLY that there was such a thing as The Big Bang

Can't do it. However, the state of the universe is exactly as would be expected if it began around 15 billion years ago in the way described by Big Bang theory. The background radiation that was a predicted and necessary part of the theory has been found. It's not certain (nothing ever is) but it's a best guess and a very solid and useful theory.

Prove EMPIRICALLY that humanity evolved from single-celled organisms

Again, can't be done. All the available evidence points to that conclusion but there's no evidence proving that the entire universe wasn't coughed up by a large goat last Wednesday with the appearance of age.

Prove EMPIRICALLY that mankind evolved from apes instead of being created miraculously

Again, an honest examination of the physical evidence will lead inescapably to the conclusion that humans evolved from apelike ancestors, but it's always possible that the gods created us to make it look that way, rigt down to the nearly identical DNA and fake hominid fossils.

Prove EMPIRICALLY that 4-5=-1 and there is such a thing as -1

There isn't such a thing as -1. It's a mathematical construct. Mathematics is not empirically true, it's mathematically true.

I can see where you're trying to go with the other questions, but that one seems right out of left field, even for an uneducated creationist. Do you not believe in mathematics either.

Prove EMPIRICALLY that there is just as much power in a bar of soap as there is in the Name of Jesus Christ and you can heal just as many people miraculously who believe in a bar of soap

How peculiar. I'm always worried when I encounter the most fanatical fundamentalists that it's actually a clever parody, and I'm going to appear an idiot for debunking ideas that nobody really believes. Tell you what Jason, if you genuinely think that that question is deserving of an answer, then I'll answer it. But I won't be holding back the ridicule any more.

Prove EMPIRICALLY that ALL near-death experiences are the result of whatever the hell you atheist Spiritually Fatherless think is actually going on

That's another one of those things that can't be done. NDEs can certainly be simulated in a laboratory, and they appear in every way to be a phenomenon created by the brain under certain conditions, but it's always possible there's a big invisible man in the sky using miraculous methods to get exactly the same results.

Prove EMPIRICALLY that the atheist philosophy public school system produces higher quality children than the religious philosophy school systems of America

I fail to see what that has to do with the truth or otherwise of either philosophy, but I have a feeling you wouldn't like to see the statistics on that anyway.

Faith is the belief in things that cannot be proven empirically through the scientific method. This post proves that the atheists have traded faith in God for faith in the teachings of Darwin and others like him.

It does nothing of the kind. It's an appalling post in every way. Your premises are false, your arguments are fatuous and your conclusion is risible.

Jason, do you genuinely think that you have faith in the non-existence of Allah, Krishna, Shiva, Zeus, the Invisible Pink Unicorn and the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Or do you recognise that the reason you don't believe in those entities is because you have no evidence for their existence and therefore no reason to believe?

• ocelot
    ocelot

I made an altar for each of the popular gods and asked for them to light them like jehovah supposedly did in the bible. None of them bothered to set fire to their altar or kill me for my heracy. Theres no evidance at all that god CURRENTLY exists. Id like to see you try and prove that god CURRENTLY exists.

• jstalin
    jstalin

Jason - prove to me that you exist and that you're not a figment of my imagination.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Very reasonalbe reply fd.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Jason

Why is that your god never cooperates w scientists by giving them incontrovertable proof that he exists. In the bible, many instances are claimed where god did things like that. Since god doesn't do that anymore, what proof is there that those instances were'nt just made up? Compared w the bible, it is out of character for it's god to be so inactive. Many people have made direct challenges, taunts, insults etc at the bible god. No response, like there is nobody there. Yet, here we are, typing letters on out puters. God even cannot do that, it seems.

S

Ps, don't give me that crap about god always working through people. That only proves that people did something or other.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Jason

Thanks - okay I believe in God again. But he's still a c*nt - nothings changed there.

crumpet

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

He's a cant Crumpet? Ooops I think I know what you meant.. yes I agree.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

how about he's a re-canting c*nt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit