JEHOVAH, the greatest child abuser of them all!

by nicolaou 101 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Big tex,

In regards to God not interfering, I just don't think it works that way my friend, as much as we all would like it to.

Free will means God does NOT interven and WE must fix the problems, sure he can give us the strength and even guidence if we can perceive it, but doing it for us? I don't think will happen or even should.

We make the mess, we fix it, if there is a problem in society like pedophiles and such, WE have to fix it.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Big Tex, I am so sorry.

Angel Eyes, I think you'd better just concede with an I-don't-know.

Those questions the posters are asking have been propounded and debated for centuries now.

http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults2.php?passage1=Habakkuk+1&book_id=42&version1=65&tp=3&c=1

Sylvia

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Your not the only one who speaks from experience, we all deal with things in our own way. Some chose to blame Jehovah, others dont. Some blame the scum who did it, others blame themselfs.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Exactly PS. This is where I am headed with angel eyes.

I am not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, so I do not believe in Jehovah. I, however, am posting to one who claims to be a Witness, so therefore when in Rome I speak Latin. If you take my meaning.

Jehovah's Witnesses have a great deal to answer for with regards to child abuse, and the attitude that some simple throw away answer that evil-is-Satan's-faul-and-Jehovah-will-love-and-protect-you-if-you-believe-in-him is so damaging to a child, and so insulting to an adult that I felt compelled to respond.

As I've said, spirituality is important to recovery from abuse. Each survivor must in their own way resolve some pretty tough questions. Personally the issue of god is something I resolved a long time ago. Not to my satisfaction but as good as it's going to get in this life.

Chris

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Snowbird,

I think the issue is when we take a book, this case the OT, and view it as not only literla but infalliable, even though it was written by man, inspired man yes, but faliable man neverhteless.

God sent Jesus because the OT and the old covenant was NOT the way, it didn't work out, people had the WRONG notion of what God was and what God wanted.

Jesus said so, No one knows the Father and none of the OT writers knew the Father, at lest if they did, they didn't "wrtie " him correctly, with the possibel excepetion of Isiah, Elijah, Enouch.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Your not the only one who speaks from experience, we all deal with things in our own way. Some chose to blame Jehovah, others dont. Some blame the scum who did it, others blame themselfs.

I never said I was the only one. I, for one, choose to blame my ministerial servant father. Jehovah's Witnesses chose to blame me. That wasn't very nice, was it?

Why do you think Jehovah has behaved so inconsistently toward children?

Chris

• snowbird
    snowbird

PSAC, I believe the Message the Bible contains (we're in need of a Savior, and He is that Savior) is inspired of God.

I believe the Bible is inerrant only to the extent that its writers were.

Having said that, I still fail to see how God-ordered killing - not torture - of children can be construed as child abuse.

As the Creator who knows from the beginning to the end, surely He has the right to do whatever He desires with His creatures!

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Snowbird,

To kill a child or any living creature by the sword or spear was torture, they are not quick and painless deaths.

No child is so guilty that they deserve death in that way, or any way truly.

When we as adults makes choices, so be it, but a child, one with NO NOTION of the God that has ordered his destruction, that living being hasn't made a choice yet.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

bigtex i wasnt implying by that, that you are the only one, its a figure of speech. No its wrong how jw have treated you....i really agree with you.

snowbird, you said it...its taken me millions of word to try get that across...glad you are heard.x

• snowbird
    snowbird

You and I will just have to agree to disagree on that point, PSAC.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit