How Did Watching Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" Make You Feel?

by Ianone 92 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ianone
    Ianone

Although I am not a Catholic I found this movie to be the most powerful and uplifting thing I have ever watched. For those of you who watched it, how did it make you feel?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I never saw it... maybe its time to.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Pissed....

Because I had just paid $8.00 for a damn 2 hour snuff movie.

• Ianone
    Ianone

you don't even know what snuff is.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I lasted through 15min...it was boring...

• freedom96
    freedom96

I thought the movie was excellent, though very heavy. Very well made, makes it all seem much more real.

• Ianone
    Ianone

Seeing the movie alone has converted a lot of people to Christianity. They see the sacrifice that God made as a limited manifestation as a man.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I found it extemely powerful and almost faith building for my agnostic mind. I realised that as a Witness you miss out on so much of what spirituality is and the power of Christianity. I have a lot more respect for Jesus now.

• heathen
    heathen

It made me feel that jesus and I were both exploited by yet another corporation. It was more or less a catholic version of events with some added things such as satan in the garden tempting jesus . I tend to like the movies where the focus is more on what jesus said than his actual suffering , even tho I've never seen anybody scourged before nor hung on a cross . I also really hate subtitles and wish the jews woulda shut up so the actual account of them taking responsiblity for executing christ could have been shown .

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I recently saw Alien Vs. Predator and it really made me appreciate how the Predator people struggled for their way of life and how much they respected the sacrifices other Predators made so their race could survive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit