How Did Watching Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" Make You Feel?

by Ianone 92 Replies latest jw experiences

• Satanus
    Satanus

Since i'm not into seeing people get mangled for the sake of getting mangled, i avoided seeing the film. I used to be into violent/action movies. It must be all those demons that i'm collecting, that are guiding we away from that kind of stuff. Not that i might not enjoy seeing some sicko getting his brains blown out. I did enjoy the first matrix movie.

S

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I also watched a documentary of the making of the film and was a bit creeped out to learn that the director Mel G was in the movie - anyone guess where?

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I thought the move was long and drawn out. It didn't do anything for me "spiritually". Like TS I thought the portrayal of Satan was pretty classy.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Crumpet:

Was the movie designed to convert those who had never heard the story, or anyone who had, for that matter?

Does the Christ you read of in the Gospels really remind you of Hitler, Osama and Lenin?

Interesting perspective

Richie:

The reason everyone hung around for the end of the credits was because the end piece was "Doomsday - 1914". The screen went blank and the curtains drew on the invisible return...

Tetra:Alternatively I could be refering to the respect that people generally used to accord others when speaking of their friends.

Maybe that level of politeness never reached Canada?? I personally find that hard to believe.

Btw, make up your mind. Either you don't believe in Him or He screwed up your life. Which is it? If you are genuinely an atheist, why rail?

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

The worst thing you ever seen in your life - the Passion of Christ.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Billygoat:

If you haven't seen "Last Temptation of Christ", consider renting it on DVD. THAT was a life changing movie for me! It portrayed the Gospel and especially Judas in a very different perspective. The director and producer took a lot of artistic liberties with the Gospel, but it definitely made you realize what Christ did and how nothing is by accident, especially Judas' role in Christ's slaying. It showed him as being PART of The Plan and he agonized over it, but Christ explained that he had to do it for the benefit of mankind.

Ok. Well...artistic liberties with the Gospel...not sure how I feel about that. By all means, that could very well have been what happened, but that`s not how the Gospels say:

John 13:2 "The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, that he should betray Jesus."

...but if I come across the movie, I`ll sure see it! My problem with the Judas-part of the story, is this: If Judas did this of his free will (influenced by Satan or not, doesn`t matter), then I have no problem with the story. However, it sure is a real coincidence that Judas should do this. It`s like, by chance, the prophecies and the story was fulfilled. On the other hand, if God had foreordained it so that Judas should do what he did, how can it then be Judas fault? And how can Paul then say these things about Judas? Yes, I`ll see the movie, if they have it at my local store.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

he he LT, so true. so true.

• avishai
    avishai
    I definitely think that the movie bred hate against the Jewish community.

http://www.flholocaustmuseum.org/history_wing/antisemitism/arts/passion_plays.cfm

• avishai
    avishai
    I'm just going to simply say this, for those who are denigrating the whole thing.

Regardless of your own beliefs or lack thereof, I find it crass that you should talk down about someone whom a few of us call a personal friend. Sure, you don't, and that's fine. However for some of us it has some meaning, and just as we wouldn't show such a lack of sympathy.........

I wonder, in this day and age, whether that's asking just a little to much of people

I'm sorry you are offended, LT.

BUT....I heard the same line from elders, etc. "Oh, don't say that!!". Sorry, I'm not going to censor myself on this issue.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I have no interest in the film. What I will be seeing is Kevin Smith's Clerks 2: The Passion of the Clerks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit