How Did Watching Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" Make You Feel?

by Ianone 92 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Ha ha, by the way: Did anyone see the South Park-special, "Passion of the Jew"? Now THAT movie kicked ass!

• Ianone
    Ianone

Avishai: I am detecting some strong anti-gentilism (Goyism) from you on here and on other posts. Tell me, do you follow the Babylonian Talmud?

• heathen
    heathen

Hellrider --- I was talking about the part that the jews made Gibson edit out because they were afraid of anti semetic feelings . Like a good little son of hollywood he caved to it and not like a good christian that would stand by the written truth or even die for it . It was all about the money in the end .

The account in the bible shows the jews stating that jesus blood be upon them and their children . Taking full responsibility because they were wanting to kill jesus according to mosaic law for blapheme . The Romans did not have it in for jesus , it was the jewish religious leaders and then satan entered the crowd making them all share in the blame . It has nothing to do with people today . Mathew 27:24,25

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Apparently there were a lot of people that flocked to see the movie...isn't it now the highest grossing movie? For some unexplainable reason, everytime I read the gospels I always wondered how it would have sounded spoken in the native language. I really appreciated hearing it! We all knew what the outcome was going to be....

I can also appreciate that though my beliefs may be different from Mel Gibson's, he sacrificed a lot, money, reputation, etc. to make this film because it was something he truly believed in. I have to give him a for that!!! (I am a Mel Gibson fan anyway, so I may be a bit partial...)

Swalker

• poppers
    poppers

I haven't watched it because I have never felt a need, desire, or interest in seeing it.

• avishai
    avishai
    Avishai: I am detecting some strong anti-gentilism (Goyism) from you on here and on other posts. Tell me, do you follow the Babylonian Talmud?

WTF are you talking about? I don't follow any religion, crackpot!!!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Heathen:

The account in the bible shows the jews stating that jesus blood be upon them and their children . Taking full responsibility because they were wanting to kill jesus according to mosaic law for blapheme . The Romans did not have it in for jesus , it was the jewish religious leaders and then satan entered the crowd making them all share in the blame . It has nothing to do with people today . Mathew 27:24,25

If you interpret the scriptures with " the blood was to be on them and their children", as putting the guilt on the jews and their children, then surely it would have to do with people living today? The scriptures can be interpreted many ways. When the guilt is laid on the people that killed Christ, does this necessarily mean just the jews? Couldn`t it be interpreted in a broader sense, as the people who rejected christ? Why do those passages have to refer to a certain ethnicity?

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

The Babylonian Talmud is the most racist religious work yet.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    WTF are you talking about? I don't follow any religion, crackpot!!!

ROFLMAO!! ts

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Avishai:

BUT....I heard the same line from elders, etc. "Oh, don't say that!!". Sorry, I'm not going to censor myself on this issue.

I'm afraid you'll have to explain to me how these two situations are in any way comparable.

Since when did common courtesy equate with censorship?

But if you really want to play it that way - why should I have to censor myself, either? I'm not the one telling the world that your friend deserves to take it up the @$$.

While you're at it, maybe you could point out to me where Jesus (specifically) is reported as having done anything worthy of your censure.

~shrugs~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit