How Did Watching Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" Make You Feel?

by Ianone 92 Replies latest jw experiences

• oldflame
    oldflame

Watching "The Passion" made me feel very much loved by Christ...........

• Ianone
    Ianone

Heathen:

As a matter of fact, in the Babyonian Talmud (The Jewish Authoritative Text in Judaism) the Rabbis take full reponsibility for killing Christ and the Romans are not so much as even mentioned.

TOLDOTH JESCHU as an example of one section about Jesus.

The Kabbalah also makes numerous blasphemous references to my Lord.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

"oh no! who killed my jesus?!"

blah blah woof woof

• heathen
    heathen

Big Dog -- I think there has been alot of suffering going on over the bible . People were tortured by the catholic church just for owning thier own bible . Burning at the stake was very common . Now that has to be a death that comes close if not out matches crussifixion. I think the bible has got to have caused more death and misery than anything else on the planet .

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Heathen:

Hellrider --- Why don't you read the account for yourself ? It's clear that pilot didn't want to kill jesus but was afraid of the crowds of jews and an uprising so allowed it to happen . The jews were not so much cursing themselves but taking the blame for killing jesus according to mosaic law

I know the Gospels very well. I know very well that Pilate declared that he found no guilt on this man, that he made the jews choosing between Barrabas and Jesus, that he washed his hands of responsibility for Jesus death. My question and concern, is how a statement like "the blood be on you and your children" is to be interpreted. I am fully aware that it can be argued that Pilate was without guilt in this. On the other hand, Pilate could have stopped it anytime. He was in full military control of the area. The excuse that Pilate didn`t want an uprising is valid to some extent, but not fully. Had there been an uprising in relatively small Judah, the romans could hvae crushed it easily. The jews were never a threat to the mighty roman empire. If Pilates reasons were that he didn`t want an uprising, then this was more for his own convenience sake, and his own political careers sake, than for the sake of Jesus` innocence. And if so, then there are definitely some blood stains on his hands too, no matter how much he washed them. But yes, the majority of the guilt is on jewish hands. But then again, there is the question of how the "blood be on you and your children"-statement is to be interpreted.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Avishai:

...I can handle criticism. Once again, sorry if I offended.

This is one of the reasons I like ya. You're man enough to apologise if you cause offense, while maintaining your right to your viewpoint. I can't fault that

Ianone:

The Kabbalah also makes numerous blasphemous references to my Lord.

It does? Care to support that with references?

Heathen:

I think the bible has got to have caused more death and misery than anything else on the planet

The book, or the groups that use it to further their own power-wielding agendas?

Hellrider:

"the blood be on you and your children"

Now that's a topic worth of discussing! I wonder if Leo, Narkissos and Pete have commented on it someplace?

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Crumpet

I also watched a documentary of the making of the film and was a bit creeped out to learn that the director Mel G was in the movie - anyone guess where?

Mel's hand was holding a nail in the crucifixion scene. What do I win? This movie was a powerful and profound experience for me. I wish that it had been more centered on Jesus' good works though and less on closeups of his flesh being ripped and torn. The scenes where He was performing miracles and just the look on His face when he reached his hand out to Mary Magdalene were incredibly moving, exactly as I alway imagined Jesus might look at one of us sinners. I thought Jim Caviezel was the perfect choice for the role. The only problem I have now is that I can't watch any of his other movies without seeing Jesus. And to the people who have a problem with subtitles: If you only watch films made in Hollywood, you don't know what you're missing.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hello Ianone

You wrote:

"Although I am not a Catholic I found this movie to be the most powerful and uplifting thing I have ever watched. For those of you who watched it, how did it make you feel?"

This statement made me stop and wonder. Here is my answer.

Chapter Thirteen- THE MATRIX IS REAL

How can anyone of a sound mind not see the Brobdingnagian difference between the Heavenly Father (the God of Love), and the grotesque demons worshipped under the collective name Jehovah? Apparently, only those not filled with the disturbed spirit of those malicious gods can see that ‘Jehovah’ is Satan. It is to be hoped that the scales have fallen from your eyes, and ‘Jehovah’ stands naked before you, revealed for who and what he really is: Satan the Devil, The God of this Age, the Liar and the Father of lies.

Satan has succeeded beyond his wildest dreams in getting over one and a half billion people to believe The Lie that he is the true God, the Heavenly Father! That's why Catholics kill Protestants in Ireland, and Jews murder Palestinians. That's why Christians bomb abortion clinics. That's why conservative and fundamentalist Christians are such bloodthirsty saber-rattlers, ready to go to war at the drop of a Bible. They are filled with the violent spirit of their Demonic Father who is "a murderer from the beginning." (John 8:44) That's why the Catholic church founded the Inquisition and fiendishly tortured "heretics", and why it nearly annihilated such "heretics" as the Bogomils and the Cathars in medieval times, both of which were Gnostic Christian churches.

Conservative mainstream Christians are not sane. They are willing to kill living breathing people to protect a fetus, but when the fetus is born and grows to the age of eighteen, they are eager to send the child off to war to be crippled or killed. Violence and gore on television and movies is acceptable to these nutjobs, but not nudity or the act of lovemaking. "Make war, not love!" is their demented mantra. They are filled with Satan.

The most gruesome blood-spattered scenes of violence are acceptable to mainstream Christians, and they think nothing of filling their minds (and the minds of their children) with such ugliness. But let a breast or a ass or genitalia be exposed on television and the twisted fundy minds go ballistic. As an example, Melvin Gibson’s movie The Passion of the Christ was essentially a gory big budget snuff film. If the subject of the movie had been anyone else but Jesus, the film would have been rated R or even X.

Melvin’s movie was a huge success, with over $500 million in profits just for Melvin alone. (Getting rich off their god is an established Christian Tradition) Multitudes of impressionable children and teens were exposed to its bloody horrors. Yet when Janet Jackson exposed her breast briefly on television at the 2004 Superbowl, the uproar from fundamentalists was immediate and loud. Fundamentalists and other conservatives have their priorities completely ass-backward. For the record, the New Testament (to its credit) does not graphically describe the crucifixion and suffering of Jesus. Its descriptions are terse and lacking in the gruesome detail found in Melvin’s movie. The minds of mainstream Christians however (especially fundamentalists), thrive on violence. They’re sick and demented. Violence and gore are okay with them, but they think images of nudity or lovemaking will warp their children’s minds!

So, it is normal for a god-fearing born-again Bible-thumping mainstream Christian to have been raised in a home where they witnessed countless bloody stabbings, beatings, shootings, stranglings, rapes, horrific war footage, and all manner and methods of murder and mayhem on TV, in movies, and in video-games. Yet, the god-fearing parents of these same people will have been very careful their child was not exposed to any nudity or scenes of lovemaking for fear of making a "pervert" out of their child! These twisted people gladly "Seig Heil!" and send their kids off as good little goose-stepping patriots to maim and kill their fellow humans in pointless stupid wars. They are proud their child is a trained killer for Uncle Sam, and relieved their grown child is not some sort of deranged dangerous "pervert" that actually dares to view erotic photography or videos, or "Heaven Forbid!" actually engage in sexual activity! The "family values" espoused by mainstream Christians are an abomination to the True God, but are the very lifeblood of the bloodthirsty warmongering Jehovah elohim and his lickspittle hordes

That's why Christians burned "witches" for centuries. That's why French Catholics, under order of the Pope, murdered up to 100,000 French Protestants in the middle of the night on August 24, 1572! That's why Christians simply cannot get along, and have separated into 30,000 warring sects registered with the Internal Revenue Service. That's why the history of the mainstream Christian churches (and Christian nations) is the history of evil, wickedness, cruelty, savagery, persecution, oppression, greed, torture, and murder!

The Roman Catholic Emperor Constantine, the first Christian Emperor, ordered over 3000 Christians to be slaughtered in the fourth century. Why? Over one word in the Nicene creed! More Christians were slaughtered by their own Christian Emperor in the fourth century than died from being fed to the lions by "pagans". (See William Manchester's "A World Lit Only by Fire; The Medieval Mind and The Renaissance," published by Little, Brown & Company, 1992)

Queen Isabella, a devout Catholic, who commissioned Columbus to sail to the "New World" in 1492, is also the person who instituted the Spanish Inquisition. That was the unspeakably evil torture and murder of thousands upon thousand of Spanish Muslims, Jews, gays, lesbians, and "heretics." Even people whose only crime was the fact they could read and write, or women with viewpoints we today would call feminist. Or anyone else the Queen decided was somehow unacceptable for any reason whatsoever. Isabella was a staunch upholder of the Catholic church and its dogmas, and thought of herself as practically a Saint as her victims were barbecued, ripped apart, or died by other fiendish sick methods inspired by the Jehovah gods/Satan. Obtain and read "The Dark Side of Christian History" by Helen Ellerbe, published by Morningstar and Lark, for a short and easily readable account about the gory unvarnished facts of Christian history. You can also go online to Victims of the Christian Faith:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5195/victims.html

for an excellent timeline of many hundreds of Christian atrocities, which continue to this very day!. The fact that mainstream Christians and Jews are unwittingly worshipping Satan, and are therefore filled with Satan, is the reason that the majority of them are plagued with inner demons. Inner demons of guilt, inadequacy, repression, feelings of uncleanness and unacceptability, of never measuring up or being "good enough." It is why so many of them battle depression, and wind up in mental or penal institutions. It's why many of them hear "the voice of God" in their heads commanding them to assault or murder someone for supposed sinfulness. It’s why so many Christians use their Bibles as weapons to lash out at "sinners", rather than turn the Light onto their own minds and hearts to illuminate and eliminate their own darkness.

Just as "you are what you eat" so too "you are what you worship." Ideas have consequences. Ideas have psychological consequences, societal consequences, and spiritual consequences. If the god you and your sect worship is a petty, angry, egotistical, mercurial, raging, murdering, irrational despot that is what you and the members of your sect will eventually become. If the god you worship indulges in murderous fits of rage, so will you and the members of your sect. If the god you worship shifts the blame for the woeful condition of the cosmos it fashioned onto your narrow shoulders, and tells you that you are born sinful, wicked, and fit only for hellfire and damnation, your inner self will be fragmented and burdened with terrible guilt and self-loathing. Psychoanalysis (modern psychiatry) was born in the midst of the Christian civilization for this very reason. Let me also point out that Europe, mainly Christian, produced wonderful folks such as Lenin, Stalin, Franco, Hitler, and Mussolini in the twentieth century.

Of course, when faced with the gross misdeeds of their fellow Christians throughout history, most Christians respond by saying, "They weren't real

Christians." What a convenient psychological device to keep one’s fantasy image of one’s religion intact! If followed to its logical conclusion, then no one is a "real" Christian because all Christians perform misdeeds; therefore they are not "real" Christians. Using this convoluted ‘logic’ the apostle Peter was not a "real" Christian when he denied Christ. Of course all these people were "real Christians," real worshippers of the Jehovah gods, the evil elohim, including the apostle Peter.

(I have no idea what you found "empowering" or "uplifting" about a gory sick movie. Don't feel too badly. This mental illness, this sickness, runs deep in western culture. Do seek to understand the root of this illness, and see it as illness)

• Ianone
    Ianone

You bring up some good points and some errors. I assure you. Christian "Evangelicalism" is not Orthodox Christianity and the Apostolic faith. Protestantanism is a Kabbalistic-Rosicrucian-Freemasonic creation while, Catholicism is a Kabbalistic-pagan creation. Both are bad and both do not represent the truths that Christ brought to this world. Come out of Churchianity As for the Kabbalistic tetragrammatron JEHOVAH (YHVH) I agree that it is Satan. However I worship Jesus Christ and not this JEHOVAH.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i must be the only person in the whole world who never saw it...

the infamous one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit