How Did Watching Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" Make You Feel?

by Ianone 92 Replies latest jw experiences

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

Yet to see this movie, although i did see South Park's "Passion of the Jew" which was hilarious! The funny thing is, i would of paid money to see that, not the Passion of Christ. Its a bit like Titanic, we all know the story, whats the point of seeing a movie about it?

I'd much prefer to see a movie about Jesus' childhood, seen as history keeps that quiet, and how he married, and how he made Mary Magdalene one of his disciples, and not just any old disciple but one of his most trusted disciples. Also they should include in this film, how his wife and child escaped and ended up on a southern french beach and so on.....

Because if you beleive the gospel of "christ" then you should be able to think outside of the box, and belive the above too.

• Ianone
    Ianone

Skinny boy, that is a bunch of Jewish propaganda you have there. Coming from haters who call Jesus a bastard and the son of a whore, in their unholy books, the Babylonian Talmud and Kabbalah.

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy
    Skinny boy, that is a bunch of Jewish propaganda you have there. Coming from haters who call Jesus a bastard and the son of a whore, in their unholy books, the Babylonian Talmud and Kabbalah.

Nah, DaVinci code mate

Just as plausible as the Bible itself!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I saw it also with a theater full of wacko Evangelists . They were crying and wailing in the aisles. After which one of them said to me "I should be upset because that was our savior" and I offended him by saying that it was his opinion not mine. I thought it was well done movie but unnecessary gore but it seems most Christians love their gore.

Hey if you want to believe in fairytales its up to you but please don't push your BS on me....

Will

• toer5777
    toer5777

I thought it gave more reason that the trinity douesnt exist. Clearly he was praying to god when he was in the garden of Getsemani.

What he was praying to himself?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

It was hysterically funny to see so many people crying at the end of the movie in the theater.

GBL

• marsh
    marsh

Mel Gibson made a lot of money out of this film.I saw it and because I was raised RC I recognised some very RC beliefs.Mel had also read about a Nun.I didn't particularly like all the violence,and I am a Christian,yet I do know This film helped many to come to Christ.Amen.

The Da Vinci Code is a re-hash of stories that have been going around for years.Think I first read something similar in The Bloodline of The Holy Grail .

• SKYHIGH
    SKYHIGH

DOGMA IS MUCH MORE REALISTIC

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

GBL:

It was hysterically funny to see so many people crying at the end of the movie in the theater.

Interesting perspective. Did you also feel that way about Old Yeller?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Who or what is Old Yeller?

I do think a fair few were just moved as they might be by Lassie or Benji and then pretty much forget all about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit