1st post from a former S.O!

by onesong 60 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild

Welcome to the board, onesong

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Welcome onesong.

If you have not read "Crisis of Conscience" or "In Search of Christian Freedom" by former Governing Body member Ray Franz I highly recommend them both. Those books helped me a great deal when I left Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Welcome! I like your idea of being spiritual. :-)

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Hey Onesong!

Great to read a post like yours. I'm really excited for you as i went through the same thing about 4 years ago. Becoming spiritually awake all of sudden like that is such an amazing experience. Hope things go great for you from here on!

Cheers
    DK

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Being spiritual to me involves self awareness, self discovery and self improvement. I believe in the importance of meditation, knowing yourself and trying to better yourself as a person. And I accomplish this with a sense of morality all the while being an atheist. :) Welcome to the boards.

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

Welcome onesong, I learned long ago that the elders done mind you asking questions as long as you don't question their answers. Stick around, you'll learn a lot here.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Welcome! Sorry about all that pain; the family, the divorce.... I get the feeling that you've trivialised it a bit there, but if you're actually just a fast healer, well good for you!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

To be spiritual is more important then religious.

I too, was raised as a JW. My rose colored glasses cracked when I saw the last 10 minutes of Dateline May 2002 (the exposure of pedophiles in the JW's). The world has never been the same. I have been fading for a little over 2 years now.

Codeblue

• JAVA
    JAVA

I want to add my "welcome" to the forum, also. Thanks for posting, and I look forward to your comments on the forum.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I'm 36 yrs. old and was a JW for 35.

That's a heck of a long time - and then to realise it was all baloney! Good for you, onesong. This is a great place to recover.

Welcome!

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit