1st post from a former S.O!

by onesong 60 Replies latest jw friends

• onesong
    onesong

Hello everyone,

I'm 36 yrs. old and was a JW for 35.I did everything from pioneer to bethel to ms to elder, school overseer ect. , ect. Just about a year ago (when the red sox won the WS-coincidence?) my world began to change. I started asking ?'s (much to everyones fright) and my eyes began to open. After a long and crazy year I was officially announced as no longer a JW. I didn't dissassociate or get df'ed, they just announced it. Some new proceedure. Apparently Jehovah's changed his mind again on some things.

It's obviously been very difficult on my family, the cong. and myself but I feel great. Great to be free of the authority, rules and judgement. For me, I believe that most of the problems with JW's is rooted in the belief in Yahweh, the psycho god the Jews invented. I mean, who can "draw close" to, and love a god who is described in the Bible as "wrathful, jealous,angy, judgemental and a God of War". In the past year I have delved into what the Bible actually says (it contradicts itself everywhere. ex. Gen. 10 says that Noah's sons spread out taking with them their families and "tongues"-the next chapter Gen.11:1"now all the earth continued to be of one language") and explored many other religions. It's astonishing how similar they all are. Peel back to what Jesus, Buddha, Muhommed ect. all taught and it's about love, growth and enlightenment-beautiful ways to live! Forget religion I say-become truly spiritual. Religion is about doctrine and rules (the Pharisees), spirituality is about connecting with the Divine within us, however we want to!

As I said it's been difficult on everyone involved but I now have everyone thinking!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Onesong, let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. Look forward to hearing more of your story.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

welcome to the board onesong!! thanks for sharing your story. that's cool. i am an ex-MS and ex-reg-PIO myself.

it looks like you have your head screwed on straight. keep up the good work! keep asking questions.

and post lots!

cheers,

TS

• Bryan
    Bryan

Onesong,

Welcome and I look forward to your future posts!

Were you able to get your family out as well? And have you been reading the board for sometime?

Best regards,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Welcome! It's striking that the Watchtower and the Pharisees look SO much alike, yet we didn't see it for so long!

Glad you're out, and glad you're here!

Dave

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Welcome to the other side. You have some way in front of you. It will hurt but after some time you will taste the sweet flavor of freedom.

And you will notice the same as I did: the JW titles are not worth anything, but it is an indicator how involved you were with the cult.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Good for you, onesong! Glad to see you here and looking forward to further insights and input

~Merry

• onesong
    onesong

I was able to get my wife out, which led to a very amiable divorce. You get to know more about a car you want to buy than your spouse under the rules. The rest of my family is still in and very opposed to me. It's funny, they don't want to hear a word I have to say because it could "affect their faith" yet they're very willing to go door-to-door and affect others faith!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Welcome, Onesong!

The affecting their faith warning was shoved down our throats a lot, huh. Just another hypocritical statement (and we know there are many).

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

os

Welcome. Sounds like your 'healing' is well along. Good for you.

I imagine most here would echo your thoughts about leaving religion and becoming spiritual. I know I did.

Thanx for sharing - welcome again.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit