This past sunday's wt had a hilarious paragraph...

by Check_Your_Premises 90 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

We all realize now that the WT want you to go 3 times a week to not stay spiritual but to have no time to consider what the heck your doing !

It keeps you so tied up and exhausted, rushing from one day to the next never having time to reflect or think about your life, perpetually being told we are near the end as if we are on the edge of a cliff.

At weekends you snatch some "quality" time with your kids, its so bad

Nowadays I really THINK about Jehovah, I have time to apreciate my family. instead of answering stupid WT articles that ive read over, and over again.

• defd
    defd

Jeffro what I get from that article is that we do not want to be MISLED. Even nice people can misled you. Notice in the article that they cautioned us to watch our association. IF we start to miss meetings and feild service and shirking our christian duties and carrying on the way we did before we decided to follow Jesus, THEN it would be come a problem. Notice in that article it brings out that bad association would be someone (even nice people) who would draw your attention away from your Christian duties and obligations. I agree with that. Now If you do have a friend who is not in the truth and it doesnt cause you to slack or downslide than it would be ok.

• TopHat
    TopHat

I see the WTS as a religion saying to it's people: DO AS I SAY AND NOT AS I DO! For example: Protecting Pedophiles and punishing the victims. Then turn around and bad mouth the Catholic church for doing the same thing. Speaking out of two sides of it's mouth.

• heathen
    heathen
    Meeting after meeting isn't needed to do this.

Yah the WTBTS likes to use the scripture that states the apostle Paul read scripture everyday with his converts to stipulate that it's very important to do so . That's why they have their daily text . I don't have a problem with people taking the bible seriously and trying to live in accord with it but to tell people they can't be saved unless they sell magazines is definately wrong . That's what it all comes down to anyway . Not just reading the material .

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

defd, you are being selective in your interpretation. The article is quite clear in its intention that a good little Witness shouldn't be accepting the initial invitation from the 'seemingly innocent person' to even go for lunch, a drink after work, or some recreation on the weekend. It doesn't say that those things would be okay so long as they didn't prevent you going to the meetings - it tries to suggest that accepting these small invitations is sure to lead you away from the 'Truth™'.

Of course, if these meetings were really so important to individual Witnesses, and they weren't just going out of a sense of obligation reinforeced by guilt, then they wouldn't skip the precious 'spiritual food', would they?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    A fellow worker could misinterpret friendliness, however, as inviting association in order to have a good time together. He or she might extend a casual invitation to lunch, to a brief stop after work for a drink, or to some recreation on the weekend. This person might appear kind and clean-cut, and the invitation might seem innocent. Yet, Paul advises us: “Do not be misled.”

DFED...Yes you are right it is a trap of Satan.Who know where it might lead if you start to hang around with the "bird food"

My wife has known a co-worker for over 20 years. They are good friends AT WORK. I suggested maybe having her and her husband over for an evening...The Reply... I don't want to get into that habit and it is poor association..

On the other hand she is always trying to prime the pump to have any of the congregation over. As a compromise I suggested she invited her friends one time and my friends the next. Needless to say we don't do much entertaining. LOL

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    we have the privilege of walking with God

not if you are df-ed wrongly you dont

then you have the privelege of being abandoned slandered and ultimately destroyed...and that long before armageddon

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

My mother , just today, brought up this EXACT paragraph!!! When I asked her what her point was she said ' I just don't want you to be disgruntled. " "oh... im not mom" .. "whew.. good glad to hear it" she said. " yea cause if i was still going to the meetings I would be disgruntled so thats why I don't go anymore".

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    "some will lose faith because our predictions failed,

The WTS are masters at creating self-fullfilling prophecies. It's a very effective control mechanism.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    "some will lose faith because our predictions failed,

and why shouldn't they lose faith?? Good grief, the natural extension of their argument is that they ARE God or speak for Him. Only then could they in any way claim that 'weaker' ones lose faith!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit