This past sunday's wt had a hilarious paragraph...

by Check_Your_Premises 90 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

CYP

You must have secretly been in the truth for YEARS, your insight is far too good, I was in for 20 years and didnt see it for what it was ...............why?

Defd why dont you stop going to the meetings for a month and see how you feel !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can still be faithful to Jehovah and Jesus, go on give it a try, I think you will be surprised at how you feel ( happier) for a start AND you may be surprised how your relationship with Jehovah and Jesus will get better.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    defd, I have done that, too. With no thought at all of whether the other person was superior or inferior to me.

Me too. I see where you're coming from CYP, but from the perspective of the JW, you're here to do a job and you lack the tools. Chances are good you didn't even know you needed them, or forgot them at home. I always kept a spare songbook in my bookbag (another uniquely JW term -- the rest of the world says "briefcase") to offer to visitors. And if I had an extra watchtower, I would scan around looking for anyone that might need one.

Regardless of how it was perceived by the recipient, the intent was simply to share something viewed as necessary to get the most out of the meeting. I expected that the person would be embarrased to sit there without a song book or Watchtower while everyone around them had one.

I can see your point -- it presupposes that you have failed to prepare yourself when in reality you have chosen not to have the items -- but I think being in a Kingdom Hall carries some basic message with it that you would appreciate the items.

If you went to a New Year's Party and someone offered you a noisemaker, would you be offended?

Dave

• defd
    defd

Vitty I havent been to a meeting in a month and I feel like CRAP. I tried it and do not like it. Granted 3 meetings a week can be a bit to much for the times we live in and I dont think Jesus or Jehovah will condemn ANYONE to death because they miss some here and there. The brothers may condemn you, but they are not the one who will give you everlasting life.

D.

• defd
    defd

If you went to a New Year's Party and someone offered you a noisemaker, would you be offended?

excellent reasoning, now why couldnt I say it that way?

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Well I don't think anyone at the party would necessarily assume that my lack of one would be the result of a moral failing.

Yeah I am being pissy though. Sorry Defd. You weren't picking a fight. I didn't mean to come at you like I did. A dub recently was running down all those churches that provide charity but no evangilizing. Those bastards feeding the hungry, clothing the naked. Sonsabitches. I still am annoyed by it.

I am just tired of all the knocks on folks who are just as sincere (and often moreso) than any dub, but we have to run them down cuz they aren't in our group.

I'll get back to the beam in my own eye.

• defd
    defd

Yeah I am being pissy though.Sorry Defd. You weren't picking a fight. I didn't mean to come at you like I did.

Thanks. I understand, I REALLY do understand what you mean and how you feel. It is very frustrating. I get fustrated alot at the "FRIENDS" myself.

• vitty
    vitty

Why did you feel like crap, you can still read the WT and the bible ???? And you said yourself the brothers are not very surpportive, was it just guilt ?

• defd
    defd

maybe guilt. We are encourged from the bible not to forsake the gathering of ourselves and I know it is important and beneficial to Go to the house of God and Formally worship him. Plus the meetings have always been a haven for me (up until a few yrs back) It was a place to be after a long day or week at work and having to deal with people who were not so Godly (not everyone was like that) Going to the meetings was like a breathe of fresh air.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think they teach that Noah was warned the flood was coming . . . and the flood came. There's one obvious, significant difference when comparing the Jehovah's Witnesses to Noah. :-)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

it's all hilarious to me.

ANYTHING that they write is funny to me now. i love just opening any watchtower to any page and just reading for fun.

i think it's the implicit assertions that get me. it's so WILD!

TS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit