This past sunday's wt had a hilarious paragraph...

by Check_Your_Premises 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

18 Today, those who become disgruntled because of fleshly thinking or unfulfilled expectations often turn to making the most of what this world has to offer. Losing their sense of urgency, they see no need to "keep on the watch," and they choose to pursue selfish goals instead of putting Kingdom interests first. (Matthew 24:42) Walking in that way is most unwise. Notice the apostle Paul's words: "We are not the sort that shrink back to destruction, but the sort that have faith to the preserving alive of the soul." (Hebrews 10:39) Like Enoch and Noah, we live in turbulent times, but like them, we have the privilege of walking with God. Doing so, we have the assured expectation that we will see Jehovah's promises fulfilled, wickedness destroyed, and a righteous new world brought to pass. What a wonderful prospect!

Translated:

Those who lose their illusion that the Watchtower Society teaches the truth often go into the world and make something of themselves. They see no need to put Watchtower interests first. We think that's unwise, because we are sure they'll die at Armageddon! DIE DIE DIE!

We live in difficult times, but we insulate ourselves in Watchtower-ology. Doing so, we think we're going to see all the wicked fall into deep, dark crevasses and then our utopia with a world filled with only Jehovah's Witnesses will finally be here, any time soon now -- Jehovah please bring the end of the world, please, please!

• daystar
    daystar

Gopher

Awesome...

Repeat after me, again and again and again and again...

we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God, we have the privilege of walking with God... [drone]

• willyloman
    willyloman

Those unfulfilled expectations were raised by the WTS itself, with its promise of an imminent fulfillment; when it failed to materialize, they did just what they're doing here, blaming it on those who RESPONDED to the expectations that were held out before them.

In a similar vein, the sense of urgency that has been lost is a direct result of the WTS' casting away of the long-cherished "generation" doctrine back in 1995. With that pronouncement, they basically pulled the rug out from under the feet of their fellow dubs. JWs haven't had the same sense of urgency from that point on and with each passing year the sense of urgency diminishes even more.

However, do not look thru this latest Watchtower hoping to find the Society sharing any of the blame for this. Instead, they point with scorn to slackers with their loss of urgency and those whining over unfulfilled expectations, as though these things happened in a vacuum without direct input from 'Mother."

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Strange how dubs feel they need to police each other. Oops, am I off topic?

No MJ, we are making fun of the jw here. This is completely on-topic.

I always get annoyed when I don't have a songbook or a wt, and two or three always rush over to give me theirs... like I want the stupid thing. It is supposed to appear gracious but think of all it communicates.

"You don't love God as much as me, I have my book, and you don't"

"You need me to give you this stuff, since you don't love God, and forgot to bring yours"

"You need it more then me. It is fine for me to be without a book, because I love God more than you"

I am so sick of people treating me and my loved ones like children (especially my children!!!).

• defd
    defd

You don't love God as much as me, I have my book, and you don't"

"You need me to give you this stuff, since you don't love God, and forgot to bring yours"

"You need it more then me. It is fine for me to be without a book, because I love God more than you"

Could it be possible that you may be reading their motive wrong? I know I have done that and NEVER thought those things.

D.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Defd, when you share, are you hoping the visitor will some day be just like you?

• defd
    defd

depends on what you mean by that.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You know, "in the truth".

• daystar
    daystar
    depends on what you mean by that.

mmm... no defd, no it really doesn't.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I have realized something recently. I can speed read most j-dub publications very easily. THe material is so dumbed down, that it is quite simple to skim the material and get the gist. Also so much of it is a rehash. I can skip whole paragraphs when I hear one of their stupid, standard arguments coming on.

And then during the discussion, someone always chimes in with some point they all have heard a billion friggin times as if it is some new and insightful idea. Then they all nod their heads with like they just heard some profound new peice of knowledge.

I scream inside my head, "THIS IS THE SAME CRAP I HAVE HEARD A MILLION TIMES, IT'S NOT NEW!!!!"

But I digress.

The point is I think I can read the wt article in about 1 or 2 minutes.

I can knock out a chapter in the Daniel book in about 5 or so.

Why is all this "solid food" such incredibly predictable, simplistic, rehash.

Their "solid food" is really a bunch of nasty leftovers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit