At what speed are you comfortable driving on the highway?

by JH 102 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

At this point I feel woefully inadequate with only 390 horses...

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I'm your worst nightmare!...

I'm the little old lady you get stuck behind doing the speed limit! Which is 55 or 60 where I live.And 65 some places.
    I have been known to get it up to 70 (Legally) in the country with no traffic.
    And I hate tailgaters that have plenty of room to go around if they so desire but prefer to ride my tail and complain..

And I steer clear of big rigs! They love to tailgate! When they are in an accident..they are usually the only ones to walk away. The guy they creamed is dead!

I would hate to see someone blow a tire at high speeds! It isn't worth it. Bodies hanging out of cars bring chills to my spine. I would rather be safe than sorry.I've seen too many wrecks where someone was going too fast and traffic is stopped ahead of them and they can't stop in time.

Snoozy...who likes a nice enjoyable ride without clentched knuckles...

• dh
    dh

it depends on the car, my current car i tend to sit at 100mph, but will go up to 120 if i need to. some other cars i will cruise at 120 most of the time. but if the car is not particularly great then of course i would just drive 80-85. i think a lot depends on how the car feels at different speeds, some cars feel more comfortable at 100 than they do at 75. i don't consider myself to be a fast driver by any stretch of it, but on motorways if there is room, i will drive at the pace i feel comfortable at that time.

• AlanF
    AlanF

I like about 85-95 in the car, 90-120 on the motorcycle.

AlanF

• zagor
    zagor

Oh I love German autobahns did any of you ever drive there?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    So an honest witness payes his fines...but doesn't necessarily follow the speed limit

Thats like saying that a Child Molester is a good Christian because he or she admits they were guilty and would be prepared to go to prison for his or her crimes....makes no sense...then again it came from a JW..why would it make any sense?

DB74

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Zagor:

Oh I love German autobahns did any of you ever drive there?

Yes I did, and spent lots of time in a traffic jam...... just kidding, ofcourse there are moments you are able to to drive too....

• G Money
    G Money

On the Penn & NJ turnpikes, ya gotta go 85mph and look out for the troopers.

In Mexico on the cuotas I go 140kph but on other highways slower (80-100kph) as there may be cows and horses as well as gnarly speed bumps that are unmarked.

In wide open areas on the west coast, I like to get up over 100mph for the sheer thrill of it.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

"Boy, can't you read them dayum signs all up and down my hi-way? Now I dont know were you're from, son, but in these parts 55 MEANS 55..."

"Prima fascia" or Absoulute? Your states speed law's may be either. Look it up.

~Hill (speed kills class)

• JH
    JH

Yes sir Hillbilly....I'll go 55 all the way...... ...

___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ______ ___ ___

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit