At what speed are you comfortable driving on the highway?

by JH 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

As far as I know, you can only drive fast in Germany: no speed limitations on the high roads.

Here in the Netherlands there are different speed zones:

villages and "normal" roads in cities: 30 km/hr.(zone)- when there is no "zone" 50 km/hr.

most of the roads in the west: 60 km/hr (zone) - when there is no "zone" 80 km/hr

motor road - 100 km/hr - motor way - 120 km/hr. very often reduced to 70km......

I used to drive a steady 90 km /hr (even in the villages) but after a few tickets I am trying to drive what is allowed (we are FORCED to slow our speed due to all kinds of obstacles in the road too....) sometimes I forgot and bumb my head...

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can't understand why the motorway (Highway) speed limit is so low in the USA since these roads are made for driving at high speeds and 70-80 MPH is perfectly safe even at night.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

78 mph if cops be around, 92 mph if there are no coppers.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

*thwacks IP*

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

HEY!!! IP is back!

• JH
    JH

Pull over IP_SEC....You were driving at 92mph in a zone of 65...

You remember Rosco P Coltrane

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

*Thwacks JH*

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

no the highway limit is 70 and 75 in texas. only 65 on some county roads. cue cue cue (sorry, thats how Rosco laughed)

I used to watch the dukes of hazzard just to see daisy . Little boys with their obsessions

78 is safely under these threshold to not get stopped. 92 is just, well I dont like how my gas gage moves downward too fast when you drive above 92

ducks jeanie

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

You cannot duck me when I am in a 'thwacking mood'.

*thwacks IP*

(hey, this is fun! )

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I just got busted for 78 in a 55 about 6 months ago. Had to do "driving school" to avoid the ticket going on my record. You can only go to driving school once every other year....so I'm trying to be good now. But I blame my car....it's meant to go fast. LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit