At what speed are you comfortable driving on the highway?

by JH 102 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Here in Canada, it's maximum 100 km/h or 62 mph. Thats not fast enough for us Quebecers. We like driving atlest at 120km/h or 75 mph when the conditions are perfect.

Today I took a little ride, and I was averaging 125km/h or 78 Mph on the highway. I find that to be a good cruising speed when the conditions are perfect, and not too much traffic.

I know that in europe they can drive much faster than here, and their countries are so small.

I don't know why its only 100 km/h here. Maybe just to give us more tickets....

So, at what speed do you feel comfortable on the highway?

• prophecor
    prophecor

Sensible 70MPH. I wish they would just make it legal, already. Nearly everyone is going at 70-80 MPH as it is. There's so much confusion going on out on US traffic routes with the varience in speed that many are risking a catastrophe by going to slow, or the standard 55MPH.

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

I would love to go about 80 mph but I only feel "comfortable" driving about 70-73 in a 65 zone as to not get pulled over because my windows are illegally tinted. The only way I can get another ticket for that would be if I got pulled over for something else, as the po-po cant pull me over just because they think my window tint is to dark.

• Netty
    Netty

the highways in town, right about 60, but no more. But the open highways, between cities, about 80.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I am at best with 90 to 95!

I make great time!

Brooke

• JH
    JH

Without a cruise controle, I have a tendancy to drive faster and faster. I was going almost 140 kmh for a while, but I had to came down to 120kmh to avoid getting a ticket, not because I felt I was going too fast. Gee. I had the highway to myself, and my car is in top condition, and the conditons were perfect.

100 kmh or 62 mph is definetely too slow. The motor is turning only at 2300 rpm at that speed.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

People who try to drive at the posted 55-65 mph on the Bay Area highways during rush hour will get steam-rolled. Unless there is a traffic jam or and accident, traffic flies here at 75-80 bumper to bumper. Scary as hell, but if you slow down, you have people come up in your rear view and ride your *ss until you either pull over (unlikely) or speed up.

Basically, match what the majority of traffic is doing or you will cause an accident, regardless of the posted speed limit.

J

• z
    z

I drive ops no my car drive me at 150km minimum but I notice one day I.... no my car was going at 185km my car is Mercedes CL 55 AMG 500hp

• prophecor
    prophecor
    I am at best with 90 to 95!

I make great time!

Brooke

Holy cheese and crackers, Brooke. What on earth are you driving? A HEMI?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    The motor is turning only at 2300 rpm at that speed.

LOL I hear you. My car is just warming up at about 2300, that's usually around 80... I'm sure if it had feelings it'd feel that it's talents were wasted in all the traffic we have around here...

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit