UN Scandal - does anyone know the reason they joined to start with?

by AK - Jeff 73 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The Edge,

According to Zev's link, members of this board first began discussing this on Aug. 27, 2001. The Guardian story came out around Oct. 8, 2001 and within days the Watchtower Society withdrew the NGO status. I don't think Sept. 11 had anything to do with it.

• one
    one

There arevmore question than answers.

questions and facts to consider

Freddy, despite being the president for the WT/NGO, did not sign the UN aplication, he was very old (functional?) or already.dead. He was the one promoting the UN as a beast.

What kind of articles the WT published after joinin

Some quotes in this forum show the articles were written in such a way as to give one impresssion to the jw but another kind of impression to the UN, in accord to theiir mutual agreement.

What kind of articles the WT published after resigning.being associated to the UN.

What was the reason for the gov sendiing the WT president to jail and 7 or 8 more WT officials, around 1918?,

What auto restrictions does democratic gov impose on themselves regarding religions.

Gov do not PUBLICLY attack religions even if the gov dont like the religion 'per se' for whatever reason. Who knows what gov do PRIVATELY to acomplish or "force" a religion to act in a civilized manner.

REASONS for joining?

Merely convinience to get influence and respect..

that reason was to risky based on their very publised doctrines and bible interpretations about the UN, beast..

Merely to get a card, that reason is out the question imo

FORCED to change their PUBLIC attitude toward the UN, that is my theory until finding out the FACTS to prove me wrong.

New light seeing the UN not as a beast anymore, that reason is somewhat remote but possible.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

You?re correct Alan, about UN access to certain areas; evidently, NGO representatives are even allowed to sit in a viewing area when the General Assembly meets! A good friend of mine has a friend who frequently has Ciro (and wife) over for a weekend-getaway, talks about him frequently. Evidently Ciro has bragged about being able to sit in UN General Assembly meetings in the limited seating area reserved for NGO?s!

Regarding the purpose for joining, I wonder if different factions within the JW-System, encouraged joining to advance their own agendas? The reason I bring this up, is that even Johnson, of the Service Department, had his hand in the pot!

Another friend of mine (who had been Assembly Overseer, before his questioning about the UN blew-up in his face!) confronted Johnson in person (this is a another thread that I will post in the future), and he got a similar response as you did when he dared questioned the self-proclaimed, Moses-like authority (as the WT states it), while Johnson was visiting my friend?s congregation. Anyway, why would the Service Department get involved if they didn?t have some stake in it? Just my 2-cents.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

So they withdrew BECAUSE they were rumbled - disgusting. And what did they ACHIEVE from 9-10 years as members? - if this was any other erligious movement the JW would use it as ammunition, that Jehovah had exposed them via the Observer Newspaper.

• one
    one

If all they wanted was full acces to an interesting library they could do this

Create an NGO.. taking care not to leave behind any "paper trail".

or have a trusted member (Ciro) become member of an existing NGO

It is the other way around they needed the card to be able to find useful information they could publish, as required to complly with their new duty...

I am still holding to my theory posted earlier

• AlanF
    AlanF

Heatmiser said:

: I still find this excuse a bunch of crap. Tell me this, what is in the UN library that you can't get anywhere else?

I have no idea. Why not call Ciro Aulicino yourself and ask him?

One thing I do know: Watchtower officials can be incredibly stupid. You know that saying about not attributing to malice what can be attributed to simple stupidity? I think it applies here. Besides, Barbara Anderson, who worked with Aulicino, Peloyan and Barry in Writing, often talked to Aulicino after he came back from his weekly trip to the UN library. He's confident that the original reason for signing up was just to have easier access to research materials. Of course, that changed once other WTS officials found out about the advantages of being an Associated NGO.

Interesting info, cyberguy! Aulicino is definitely a braggart, and is sort of the unofficial gossip channel for many Bethelites. I assume you're talking about Bob Johnson? Again, my impression from Peloyan's reaction and Anderson's inside view is that the initial signup was a very stupid move not made for the purpose of political advantage. That came later, and if Johnson was involved, you can bet that other top WTS officials like Jaracz (head of Service) and top Legal Dept. folks knew about it. Not many, but just enough to accomplish what they wanted. Of course, the hypocrisy is palpable. I have every reason to think that Jaracz (The Boss) informed several of this top Service Dept. guys like Johnson about this. I look forward to your future thread on this.

AlanF

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

If they wanted access to "good" libraries, it wouldn't be a problem being in NYC. They have an AWSOME public library that has been around for a very long time and well funded. Probably one of the better libraries in the USA other than the library of congress. Then there are University libraries close by that are VERY comprehensive libraries. And I am pretty sure that anything that the UN puts in its own library can be obtained through one of a myriad of govt. agencies for little or no cost.

• sf
    sf

In response to Pope's post, I came upon this item [ scroll down to page 61 ]:

[PDF] Official Committee Hansard
    File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
    ... 141 TOOLE, Mr Vincent Joseph, Legal Officer, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society
    of Australia ... there we spoke to the commander of the forces in Dili that command ...
    www.aph.gov.au/hansard/joint/commttee/j2444.pdf - Similar pages

Also, these two threads by MacHislopp and Hawkaw, are by far, the most comprehensive for understanding meticulously, the U.N./WTBTS association:

UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22 23 [ http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/10732/1.ashx ]

MAJOR UN/WTS NEWS- UN LETTER & 1992 Press R...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28 29 [ http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/13530/1.ashx ]

Happy trails!

sKally

• one
    one
    And I am pretty sure that anything that the UN puts in its own library can be obtained through one of a myriad of govt. agencies for little or no cost.

I agree,

SF,

Also, these two threads by MacHislopp and Hawkaw, are by far, the most comprehensive for understanding meticulously, the U.N./WTBTS association:

Do any reply proved the "reason" with evidence?

besides the links, can you summarize?

• one
    one

Alan,

He's confident that the original reason for signing up was just to have easier access to research materi

what else could he say and stay politically correct?

At the advanced stage of affairs and the connotations involved, that was more than an "stupitidy" imo, we all can do an stupid thing in a hurrry,

BUT filing a application, renewing the membership or "association" every year for 10 years ,hidding the facts to the rank and file jw and EVEN to hi officials gives me and indicacion that something else was going on...

btw i dont consider the wt to be THAT stupid, as shown by their legal moves, joining the UN was a legal (at least reviewd by the legal dpt) move from the very begining.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit