UN Scandal - does anyone know the reason they joined to start with?

by AK - Jeff 73 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    The WTS registering as an NGO with the UN was not a great secret...

I remember being at a circuit assembly many years ago and an announcement being read out to the entire assembly regarding the registration.

Which circuit assembly? I never heard of it, and I went to EVERY circuit assembly. I would have noticed something like that, methinks...

CZAR

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Ak jeff,

Just2lws - I would love to see your files on this matter some time.

What I have is not all of it. I think Zev and maybe Randy at Freeminds.org may have the most complete collections. And you are welcome to stop by when you are near.

Zev,

Do you still have your website up with the UN docs? There are things I would like copies of?

TheEdge

I agree with you. If only the JW's new that their beloved organization had been riding the back of the beast as the harlot for ten years while DFing little brothers and sisters for joining the YMCA to use their swimming pool, a lot of them would be looking elsewhere.

here is what freeminds presents at http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

Jst2laws

• Englishman
    Englishman

..And yet the December 8, 2000 Awake seems to be painting a rosier picture of the UN. Were moves afoot to bring about a change in WT policy? Were these moves scuppered by the revelations about the NGO membership?

The article does seem to be in favour of the UN generally:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

An

Ongoing Search for Solutions

FROM its very inception, the United Nations organization has been interested in children and their problems. At the end of 1946, it established the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) as a temporary measure to care for children in areas devastated by war.

In 1953 this emergency fund was turned into a permanent organization. Although it is now officially known as the United Nations Children’s Fund, it retained its original acronym, UNICEF. Thus, for over half a century, UNICEF has been providing children throughout the world with food, clothing, and medical care and has been trying to look after children’s needs in general.

The needs of children were given greater prominence in 1959 when the United Nations adopted a Declaration of the Rights of the Child. (See box, page 5.) It was hoped that this document would generate interest in the problems of children and would help solve them by encouraging public support, financial and otherwise.

But "twenty years later," according to Collier’s 1980 Year Book, "these ‘rights’—especially those relating to nutrition, health, and material well-being—were still largely unrealized by many of the world’s 1.5 billion children." So in recognition of the continuing need to solve the problems of children and in accord with its declared goals, the United Nations designated 1979 the International Year of the Child. Government, civic, religious, and charitable groups all over the world were quick to respond to the search for solutions.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Englishman.

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

hello fellows,

when I read the AWAKE, February 22nd 05 I come to the thinking that WT is again within the UN as NGO as they write a lot about them again showing uncle Annan on a photograph.

Doea anybody knwo anything?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Klause wrote;
    when I read the AWAKE, February 22nd 05 I come to the thinking that WT is again within the UN as NGO as they write a lot about them again showing uncle Annan on a photograph.

They wouldn't dare would they?

Do they think that the witness organization is that stupid? Wouldn't that be something?

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    2-3-2005 Head Librarian's office - I know you must have been besieged with this request, but hope you will bear with and answer just one more time. I am researching the connection of The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's NGO/DPI status with the United Nations from 1992 through 2001. Statements have been issued by that society that the purpose of the affiliation, from their standpoint, was access to the Dag Hammarskjold Library materials. I have private information that seems to contradict that statement, to the effect that library access [prior to the tragedies of 9-11-2001] was in no way connected with NGO/DPI status with the United Nations. Can you confirm for me the policies in place for access to the library prior to 9-11? Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.
    Greetings from the UN Reference Team.

The procedure for a library pass is the following: the interested party
    needs to fill out an application form and supply a letter of recommendation
    in support of the research. If the required material is not available in a
    UN depository library (the list of depository libraries is posted at:
    http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/deplib/countries/), the application is approved
    and sent to UN Security. UN Security checks the application and, if
    approval is granted, instructs the Pass Office to issue a library pass for
    the applicant.

The issuance of a library pass is independent of NGO status or any other
    status. There was no change in the library pass policy until 2001.
    As a
    consequence of the September 11 attacks, the issuance of library passes has
    been suspended.

Best regards,

UN Reference Team
    United Nations Library, New York
    E-mail: [email protected]

UN Documentation Research Guide: http://www.un.org/Depts/dhl/resguide/
    UN Information Centres worldwide:
    http://www.un.org/aroundworld/unics/english/directory.htm
    UN Depository Libraries worldwide:
    http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/deplib/countries/index.html

As a result of some research in this matter I emailed and got this reply from the UN Library Team. Just for reference to any who have not seen similar emails on the other sites.

Jeff

• zev
    zev

jst2laws....

my web site was removed from yahoo long ago......rats as they are.

i no longer use yahoo for anything, they get my support no longer.

someplace on disk i have the scans. i'll have to dig them up. amongst the thousands of cd's i have here.

ak jeff....

it all started here.....as far as i remember.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/10732/1.ashx

i may just dig up all that stuff and but the site back up. i have to help my sister move this weekend, and also am busy sunday as well.

next weekend i have to work.

i have space available to me on verizon, i just may take my personal pages down and put up the un stuff again.

i'll post about it when i am done.

• zev
    zev

also hawkaw has to be contacted as to reusing his abstract again.....

hey hawkaw where are you?

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    The issuance of a library pass is independent of NGO status or any other
    status. There was no change in the library pass policy until 2001.

Am I reading this wrong? Will someone clarify for me - please?

This, to me, reads that obtaining a library card is separate from applying for NGO status, ie., that obtaining a library card is not dependant on first joining as an NGO. I bet I've misunderstood - <sigh>

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Edge - you didn't misunderstand. They are separate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit