UN Scandal - does anyone know the reason they joined to start with?

by AK - Jeff 73 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Raphael
    Raphael

The WTS registering as an NGO with the UN was not a great secret...

I remember being at a circuit assembly many years ago and an announcement being read out to the entire assembly regarding the registration.

No one thought anything of it at the time as it was explianed that it would benefit the org with research ...

Seems it has all gotten way out of hand , anyways ...it's all old hat now and to keep on about it is like flogging a dead horse!

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    No one thought anything of it at the time as it was explianed that it would benefit the org with research

You mean that several thousand people just heard that and dismissed everything they'd ever heard / believed about the UN/Beast? Is there a special stupidity test to qualify to be a dub??

• Raphael
    Raphael

I dont think the Dubs hold the monopoly on being a few sandwiches short of a picnic at times ..we allow ourselves to be duped into believing only the best about the people or organisations we belong to , giving them the benefit of the doubt rather than facing hard truths that may result in heartache ...it's called being human ;-)

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Seems it has all gotten way out of hand , anyways ...it's all old hat now and to keep on about it is like flogging a dead horse!

I don't think so!

There's a few dubbies in WSM whom I have recently pointed in the direction of the UN scandal, and they are absolutely gobsmacked!

I mean really, really astonished with comments about wild beasts and such like. This will run and run!

Englishman.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

ENglishman - prior to being on here I wasn't aware of the UN thing (maybe that's because I don't associate, I really don't know) - am wondering if the average British JW is in full possession of the facts?

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

<caps lock on for this one> YES, AT THE END OF THE DAY, WHAT DID GOD NEED A LIBRARY TICKET FOR? HOW DID THIS 'BENEFIT' HIS ORGANISATION? I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAS 10 YEARS OF ASSOCIATING WITH THE UN ACHIEVED? Sorry for shouting

• garybuss
    garybuss

The funny thing to realize is this: Someone in authority at Bethel would have had to have had the thought, "Hey! Let's join the United Nations!" . . . . and then did it.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx all for your links and help. It will take me days to sort thru the links here.

Just2lws - I would love to see your files on this matter some time. Last time we were in your state we didn't get together - maybe sometime we can. Thanx for the insights you share here.

Zev - you are a brave and godly man to do as you did. How did you know about the matter to bigin with?

Raphael said:

I just cannot agree with that point of view. Although you are certainly allowed yours.

This scandal would have taken my wife and I out without hesitation had it been the only thing we had ever heard. We were at the point that we heard of it - about the time of the UN press release - in the process of a healthy 'fade'. But if we had been tight to the center, and heard of this, and seen proof, I think we would have left without fail. How can it be explained away in light of the condemnatory spirit that the witness organization has used against the UN for 50 years?

I have a relative, just DF'd, anxious to get reinstated. I confronted her with this, since she will talk to me in the current state of affairs - her first response was "If this is not the truth - where to we go?" This information is not like beating a dead horse - it is like spiritual CPR to those intoxicated with the 'truth'. I hope we can use it to full to release as many as will come out of the cult.

Just My Opinion

Jeff

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Does anyone have a scan of the UN web page that once listed a mid 90's Awake magazine article as an example of excellent promotion and support for UN objectives? It didn't publish it online but listed it with several other NGO submissions.

Jst2laws

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    The funny thing to realize is this: Someone in authority at Bethel would have had to have had the thought, "Hey! Let's join the United Nations!" . . . . and then did it.

Of course - but didn't they KNOW about their OWN ''God-knows-how-many-years-preaching-AGAINST-the-UN'' teachings? Can you IMAGINE applying for the UN card at the same time printing crap to the subservient about its evil ways? I couldn't live with myself - how did they sleep soundly for 10 years?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit