Quotes website receives "Cease & Desist"

by Quotes 286 Replies latest members private

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

catchthis.... A very astute analysis.

• Valis
    Valis

astute except thinking Quotes is alone in the meelee...

• funkyderek
  • Narkissos
    Narkissos

Seems like it's not going to be an isolated case.

IMO the # 1 priority is to constitute an effective, international legal pool which could search the subject thoroughly and evaluate all suggestions and arguments offered to it privately.

The creation and expression of such a legal pool could be an important factor in the initial web host's decision.

• zev
    zev

when you archive a site such as quotes, where on your hard drive does it go?

what folder? i took a quick look but i didnt see it anywhere.

i want to burn all that stuff to a cd.

• glitter
    glitter

Quotes I know you are more than likely pissed off and stressed out over this, and I don't mean this in a bad way, but when I saw the subject of this thread I grinned a very big grin. My first thought was "Let them f*cking try it." I'm fresh from discovering x more bittorrent sites because people shared the URLs of alternatives when SuprNova was closed down, so I could immediately imagine how many more copies of the infomation there would be and the WT wouldn't be able to stop it.

I'm looking forward to reading developments. I wonder how long before the WT starts DFing people for keeping their literature that contains old light - they are terrified of the past.

Thanks for the link, funkyderek.

• fri
    fri

Hi all i am new here, I found this page by a link from {watctowernews.org}

What is the Watchtower so scared about. Is scared of being exposed! They are really scared of loss of revenew from the collective. I called them the Borg (Star Trek, the next generation) they are one group that think alike and do the same."Resistance if futile, you will be assimilated". Hell, I escaped.

• IT Support
    IT Support

This article seems particularly relevant at this time:

Unfair Use Alleged Religious groups fight Internet copyright abuses.

Like Napster patrons who downloaded music without paying for it, those who spread unauthorized versions of religious texts via the Internet face determined opposition from the groups that hold the copyrights.

Mark A. Kellner | posted 3/30/01

at http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040321/SECRETBOOKS/10818001

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

I've wriiten this morning to Stephen Bates of the Guardian with details, hoping it might generate a bit of publicity

JS

• badboy
    badboy

SAVE OUR WEBSITES!( SOW)

lETS SEE WHAT THE wt WILL SOW.

If they try to shut down this website,why not give them something to think about with a peaceful noisy demonstration outside a court.

I could definately think of somethings to put on the placards.

Give them more aggro than it worth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit