New JW video, song and dance

by Listener 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    Some of the stuff they're doing while dancing is downright dangerous & inept. 
  • cappytan
    cappytan

stuckinarut is correct. This was likely done for Bethel Family Night. Not meant for the public. 

Blurred Lines would have been more apropos. 

As far as the sisters wearing pants, depending on their job, they've been allowed to wear pants since at least when I was there in 2001.

• breakfast of champions
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

yeah that's a family night video if i ever saw one.  

sister pants rules: If their job is in a place where they will be seen by non-bethelites such as a lobby, they are not allowed to wear pants. That rule started around 2002. I remember A LOT of sisters being mad. It's a huge pain in the ass to clean and stuff when you're in a skirt. 

there's a lot of dumb rules like that. you can't go in or out of a lobby wearing shorts. that was a huge pain in the ass in Brooklyn, since most bethelites lived in a building with a lobby. If you wanted to go running or any sort of fun, you had to bring clothes with you and change later (and then change back).

• clarity
    clarity

jesus christ
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

"Cuz its tackyyyyy"

I liked the part where one guy was making it rain with some kind of papers like a strip club lol, well plaid.  

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I wonder if they secured a sync license from Sony Music for use of this.

I supposed most of us wouldn't be so bothered by something like this if it weren't for the fact that this kind of thing was strictly forbidden for so long. Also, we here know how desperately UNHAPPY many JWs and ex-JWs are as a result of WT policies like shunning, blood-transfusions and pedophiles.

This religion is just getting weirder by the minute.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I have no problem with people having fun, dancing, etc., however, this is corny. It's like they're trying to be something they're not. It's like seeing somebody who's not funny trying to be so, or somebody who's not hip trying to be so. It's kind of like some kid who grew up in middle class suburbia trying to be a hard rapper with street cred.

JWs are smug and self-righteous. It's like "Look at us. Look how cool, hip, and happy we are!". All the while they're dancing around, they're thinking they have the one and only truth and that everybody else is in darkness and that most of the earth's population is about to be annihilated. Should it really be a time to laugh and dance for them?

Ecc 3:1,4 (Common English Bible)

1) There’s a season for everything and a time for every matter under the heavens:

4)   a time for crying and a time for laughing, a time for mourning and a time for dancing,

Shouldn't it be for them a time of frantic warning work and serious attitude?

Also, they think they're at the top of JWdom being at Bethel.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Yep, nothing says "I'm Happy!" like dancing down the hallway with a toilet brush in your hand!

It's like they're trying too hard.

Weird freakin' cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I just finished watching it. Notice the ironic advert that popped up when the video ended!

Priceless!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit