The UN Posts Their Letter!

by jgnat 168 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SYN
    SYN

Hmm, the UN server is getting really, really spotty now. I think they're groaning from the sheer burden we're imposing on them!!! I can't even browse through and capture screenshots...argh...

Valis, maybe we should mirror the PDF on your server? I don't want to do it right now and leave you with an enormous bandwidth bill...

• Valis
    Valis

SYN...I pay yearly..should I just DL the PDF and the reupload? If you want to do it then by all means. You have the power!

Sincerely,

Districtr Overbeer

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

I am truly gratified by what I have found today........Kudos to us all...!!

I want to thank Hawkaw for giving me the heads up by phone today.

Recently, we had a "sister" in our house, (we have been slowly feeding her information) and one night a few weeks ago, I sat her down at my kitchen table and started telling her about the UN event.

I showed her, and read aloud the information, including the email exchange between Watchower's (rep) Paul Gilles and Stephen Bates (for The Guardian) and included info about my own personal involvement.

(I had called P.H. at UN the day before he faxed Hawk the letter and added my desperate plea for him to do this for us. It was an emotionally draining yet rewarding experience.)

The 'sister's' eyes got WIDE and she has since quit entirely. She said that this visit (to our kitchen) was different than the time I came to give her a "shepherding call" at her house LOL.

Only time will tell where we go from here, but I will give you this.

<<<<<<<<THE WATCHTOWER IS GOING DOWN>>>>>>>>>

• Dino
    Dino

Skally girl!

Ive really got to download yahoo chat and just sit back and watch you shred those poor JWs.

Love to you.

Once again, great work to all!

Dino

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Right now, its just after 5:00 PM PST, and those UN pages are really loading slow....it delights me to think that the reason is probably all the hits they're getting, rather than some other problem

---Dan

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

The fact that this can be authenticated and is on the UN site is pretty big. That is really the big hurdle to any info.

I have a feeling this may flow pretty rapidly thru jw-land, ...as they are notorious for gossip and being able to be the first to break news....news, of course, that doesnt have the smell or trackings of apostates as the source...lol.

Axelspeed

• SYN
    SYN

OMG, this is the biggest thing for YEARS!

So, in honour of all those hard-working Apostates, I've taken the liberty of constructing a series of images detailing in a visual format exactly how to navigate to that section of the UN's site, as well as taking the PDFs and downsampling them into smaller, more space-efficient JPGs.

Thanks to Valis, for the hosting space!!!

This guide takes the user straight to the page, with a picture for each step!

http://www.sassquatch.com/SYN/UN_NGO_Letter/

• SYN
  • dannyboy
    dannyboy
    I have a feeling this may flow pretty rapidly thru jw-land, ...as they are notorious for gossip and being able to be the first to break news

That would be great, really if that were to happen. And certainly there will be talk.

My thought is that sometimes, the Witness "grapevine" is sometimes restricted when the information would be viewed as reflecting "negatively" on the organization. The earlier Watchtower spin about "We did it for a library card" will now be seen as baloney. And then, not all Witnesses have net access, and they may still be hesitant to checkout something on "The EVIL INTERNET" [Watchtower view].

An example that comes to mind is when all the "stuff" was going on at headquarters that Ray Franz and Randy Watters have detailed, I heard only the very faintest bits and pieces at the time, even years later (yes, I was a local elder who regularly hob-nobbed with CO's and DO's). After reading about the behind-the-scenes stuff that happened, I pieced together the bits and pieces I had heard and realized I had a few clues about the extent of what had gone on, but nothing like the complete picture.

Not trying to be negative here, just reflecting on my own experiences....and isn't this yet another example of the difficulty of REALLY reaching Witnesses.

I've been gone for around 4 years now, perhaps I'm not in tune now, (or maybe wasn't in tune then LOL).

Personally, I'm making up a written cover letter of explanation and mailing it, along with a printed copy of the UN letter to all the Witnesses I have addresses for.

I hope this situation moves every single Witness everywhere in the whole world to stop, think, and LEAVE.

---Dan

• SYN
    SYN

Thanks GRITS! I cut & pasted your wise words of guidance as to how to navigate to the UN docs page, and stuck them in that web page I just made. You're brilliant! I'm finally starting to calm down after a frenzy of cut & pasting, Paint Shop Pro'ing, and writing RAW HTML! My fingers are trembling!!!

Valis, it would be interesting to see how many hits we get on that little FTP site of yours from today onwards...hehehe....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit