The UN Posts Their Letter!

by jgnat 168 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I can't open it either.

Gretchen

• dustyb
    dustyb

you have to have adobe acrobat reader.......................... but anyways, thats a magnificent letter. thats what i'm going to discuss on my next study =D

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

You have to have Adobe Acrobat reader to view the document.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/main.html#Readers

Here is the page on the UN website with the link to the letter.

• zev
    zev

first time i have ever seen names named. Ciro Aulicino. nice.

about time too.

still aint seen the original of who signed them up. thats the name i really want bad.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I just got a new computer and it seems that I didn't notice I didn't have Reader installed. Thanks for the reminder.

Installed it and read the letter, this is awesome!

Gretchen

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks SNG and everyone who sent letters. The nice thing is this is on their official site and it will be hard to attribute it to documentation falsified by apostates. Some determined JWs living in denial will I supposed.

Blondie

• Scully
    Scully

Here is the text of the letter:

Department of Public Information
    DPI NGO
    Non-Governmental Organizations
    SECTION

United Nations, DPI/NGO Resource Centre, Room L-1B-31
    Tel: (212) 963-7233, 7234, 7078 ? Fax: (212) 963-2819 ? E-mail: [email protected]

4 March 2004

To Whom It May Concern:

Recently the NGO Section had been receiving numerous inquiries regarding the association of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York with the Department of Public Information (DPI). This organization applied for association with DPI in 1991 and was granted association in 1992. By accepting association with DPI, the organization agreed to meet criteria for association, including support and respect of the principles of the Charter of the United Nations and commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents and to a broader audience about UN activities.

In October 2001, the Main Representative of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York to the United Nations, Ciro Aulicino, requested termination of its association with DPI. Following this request, DPI made a decision to disassociate the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York as of 9 October 2001.

Please be informed that it is the policy of the Department of Public Information (DPI) of the United Nations to keep correspondence between the United Nations and NGOs applying for associatioin with DPI confidential. However, please see below the paragraph included in all letters sent to NGOs approved for association in 1992.

"The principle purpose of association of non-governmental organizations with the United Nations Department of Public Information is the redissemination of information in order to increase public understanding of the principles, activities and achievements of the United Nations and its Agencies. Consequently, it is important that you should keep us informed about your organization's information programme as it relates to the United Nations, including sending us issues of your relevant publications. We are enclosing a brochure on the "The United Nations and Non-Governmental Organizations", which will give you some information regarding the NGO relationship."

In addition, the criteria for NGOs to become associated with DPI include the following:

• that the NGO share the ideals of the UN Charter;
    • operate solely on a not-for-profit basis;
    • have a demonstrated interest in United Nations issues and a proven ability to reach large or specialized audiences, such as educators, media representatives, policy makers and the business community;
    • have the commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes about UN activities by publishing newsletters, bulletins and pamphlets, organizing conferences, seminars and round tables; and enlisting the cooperation of the media.

We expect that you will share this information with your concerned colleagues, as we are unable to address the scores of duplicate requests regarding the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society that are being directed to our offices. Thank you for your interest in the United Nations.

Sincerely,

[signed]

Paul Hoeffel

Chief

NGO Section

Department of Public Information

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hi Gretchen.

Try downloading the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Here is a link.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

POZ.

Boy was I late on that one

• Bryan
    Bryan

Wow this is great.

You guys know I'm a little new here and finding it a little difficult working through the "search" for the website. I have emails to send! Could someone please paste a quote of the WT saying (w/date) the Un is wild beast, bla, bla, bla.

Thank you, maybe we can save some people!

Bryan

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for posting this!! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit