The UN Posts Their Letter!

by jgnat 168 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• acsot
    acsot
    I hope this situation moves every single Witness everywhere in the whole world to stop, think, and LEAVE.

I doubt it, not to rain on anyone's parade. I just started a thread about the response I got when I showed a dub here at work about it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/68045/1.ashx

We are all delighted about this UN letter, but perhaps we forget how indoctrinated JWs are and how adamantly they will refuse to consider anything the "Society" does as being wrong or hypocritical. Until they start to doubt on their own, I don't think the UN letter will cause much of an exodus.

• avishai
    avishai

Don't get too down, ascot. The UN issue has already had a greater effect on people leaving than the child molesting issue, from what I read. Not that it's more important, it's just more shocking to a JW.

Now that the letter is actually on their website, the common objection of "That letter was faked by apostates" is out the window. What now? Even the ones who have a knee jerk defensive response are thinking about it, and some later come around.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Ascot,

Perhaps you missed the point of my earlier post in which I made that comment you refer to about "hope". I was lamenting the difficulties in getting Witnesses to hear about this UN thing, let alone think about it. The hope expressed is sincere, however unlikely it is occur

We're on the same page, re: How very difficult it is to "get through" to Witnesses, and that this latest "scandal" will probably be, as you have experienced, passed off with generalities by many Witnesses.

I'm asking myself how *I* would likely have handled information like this, had I received it while a "loyal Witness". Actually, I *did* get some stuff like this, but brushed it off, as your work-mate did.

I persist in thinking that there are some Witnesses, for whatever reason, who, upon reading about this latest development, will "finally" start to get it........

---Dan

[Edited to add: Hi Avi!]

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I am soooooooo proud to be part of this board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great work to you all!!!!!!!!!! I knew that good things would come out of joining! I'm so excited about all this. I wonder how many people this will save from the WTS chains?

• acsot
    acsot

Dan:

gotcha! I guess the most we can hope for is to get the wheels turning, creating some serious cognitive dissonance until the dub realizes it for him/herself that the WTS is full of sh&t.

At least it gives us some tools to use when anti-witnessing!

• Gerard
    Gerard

WATCHTOWER's NIGHTMARE

When the GB gets a glimpse of the UN's letter on-line

Which way will they run next?

Once more we have proven that we can push them around by using only truths.

Ted Jackass Jaracz:

• Valis
    Valis

Should we start faxing them multiple copies?

SIncerely,

District Overbeer

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Pardon my ignorance, but would faxing or mailing letters to the congregations really do that much good? The reason I ask is because I seriously doubt whether any of the letters would be posted on a bulletin board for all to see. At best, the elders would read the mail, and those who don't already know the story, will ask Bethel, who will feed them the library card excuse and that will be it. We are back where we started. Is there a benefit I am overlooking?

Another thought: would it be more beneficial to get a phone campaign going to Bethel (from concerned "active" dubs!) whereby they are soooo inundated with phone calls that they only way they would get any work done is to make a general announcement?

Just wondering....

growedup

• sf
    sf

I just spoke with my dfed sister on the phone; she is the one who gave me Ray's book to read nearly six years ago (which shifted the ground beneath me) and told her to CHECK YOUR EMAIL. She is happy this news is finally confirmed and on U.N. site now.

She shared with me the story of Shadrack, Meshack and Abindigo (i know i'm not spelling them correctly...i don't recall half of wt doctrine as a kid...she remained a witness long after my df-ment) saying that what stood out for her hearing it was the fact that compromise was not an option. Not even a small compromise.

THIS (U.N. involvement) WAS/ IS A SMALL COMPROMISE that FDS 'made'.

How dare they compromise without any forethought for their members.

HYPOCRITES!

Now the compromise will mushroom. And many will pay the price of WTS decision.

Get ready for an influx of 'scattered ants' whose Hill was just stomped on.

My plans today, with my new jet printer, is to make many copies of this letter and other items in relation and go downtown to 'place' them. Also I am printing out the SILENTLAMBS CONFERENCE material and some of Bill's 'items' on his site re: child abuse in jw churches. Also, the local kh is just around the bend in which I will place a few there; as I did a mother lamb and her baby when the March took place a while back.

It promises to be a most productive day.

There are MANY ways we can get this news out to all our communities. Brainstorm them. Also, have copies ready at home for that knock on your door.

I really like the newspaper ad idea. I plan on walking my neighborhoods placing them on residents porch (like the pizza guy does to advertise his business).

GET THEM OUT THERE FOR THE PUBLIC AS WELL AS THE JWS.

As hawkaw says: INOCULATE, INOCULATE, INOCULATE!!!

Say it with me folks:

THE NATIONS SHALL KNOW THE WTS IS BASED ON LIES AND FABRICATION AND MANIPULATION.

Sidenote: I'm nervous for my mom when she does finally see this. How will it effect her soul? Will it cause a massive shift in her foundation as a devoted jw? I don't know but it scares me. How will the masses take this? Or will it just fade away as old light and not effect anything or anyone? Will it be all for naught? These things scare me inside.

sKally

• Simon
    Simon

Wow !! Great work people ... just shows what can be achieved when everyone does a little bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit