My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 4

by Simon 79 Replies latest jw experiences

• alias
    alias

Simon,

Looking back through the history of this board with all its natural peaks and valleys remains the essence of this consistency: This platorm you created over 10 years ago to share with others has been a useful tool for sharing information, experiences, and connecting in our common JW language to help us each process, heal, and grow from our JW journey in whatever form we need to.

Remember that construction project of Nimrod's that got interrupted waaaay back when...? ;)

Thank you,

alias

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I'm glad this thread got bumped recently. So now I'm doing my part for those that haven't gotten a chance to read a little history on Simon, the creator of this site, and why he formed the site.
    Read all 4 parts of the story if you get a chance.

Simon, thank you for a wonderful site that has been a great help for me and no doubt for many others.

CoC

• Quentin
    Quentin

Wow...what a story...so many positive things have come from you and your wife's tenacity. Hats off to you both...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Simon,

Do you have any regrets about meeting with a judicial council? It seems to me that it is strucutured to give them all lthe power which means the "apostate" has none. Particpating acknowledges that they have a right to sit in judgment of you.

I wholeheartedly agree about hatred to the WT binding us more than when we were active. They will never agree with us so it is a meaningless fight. Living well is the best revenge.

• Simon
    Simon
    Do you have any regrets about meeting with a judicial council? It seems to me that it is strucutured to give them all lthe power which means the "apostate" has none. Particpating acknowledges that they have a right to sit in judgment of you.

No, I gave them both barrels and no one who was in that room deep down knows they were right except me.

It reinforced that I was 100% right. Here were the supposed 'shephards of the flock' unable to keep up and answer questions and I could blow their lame excuses away.

Looking back, it was like the Matrix where he finally realises "he's the one" * and can beat Agent Smith with one arm and little attention. The elders are often little men who have been given the opportunity to wear a suit and laud it over people. I respect the ones who really care but I think the system tends to weed them out and prevent them from advancing. The rest are just society minions wasting their little lives, putting in lots of time and effort for no real reward of value (other than the respect of people who know no better).

* BTW: I don't think I'm "the one" or in any way special.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Thank you Simon for keeping up the JWN. Some of us started our adventure with the JWs because of loneliness. Some maybe go back to the org because of loneliness, so you are doing a good thing providing posters to post to! And thanks too to your wife for sharing you! God bless you all!

• sinedie
    sinedie

Being fairly new on the site and always reading the last page of Active topics, today I decided to do something different and start reading posts from the first page to get to know the history of JWN. Learning that Simon was the man behind it all, I decided to try to find his and Angharad’s story. Unfortunately, when I found it I couldn’t open links for parts 1 and 3 of his story (can anyone help me with that?). I just wanted to thank Simon for having the genius idea and courage to make this site. Reading through all the posts, I can see how many people have found help, encouragement and love on this site when they were abandoned by others (including me). Also, it is encouraging to see people move on, as many who were regularly posting before are living their lives without looking back. As Simon said:

Everytime people get together, everytime someone shares their life story, everytime someon feels safe to ask a question or simply to read what other people have written - it's a little chip appearing in the WTS armour, a little mortar in their walls crumbling. Long may it continue.

I don't intend to become like that. There is no point dedicating your life to hurting the WTS - if you do, it means that they are still hurting you, still influencing your life and still have power over you. It's OK to stick around to get some answers or to do something to help others but if people are replacing the WTS with AntiWTS then I think there is something wrong. You have to let it go and leave it behind and live a happy life. That is and always will be the best revenge on the WTS.

It would be nice to visit the site (or whatever one is around then) in 5 years time to let people know how we're doing and find only a few of the same people still around. Becoming an ExJW should be a process, a stage, and not the final destination that some people make it. We should all aim to become Ex-Ex-JWs and leave everything to do with the WTS behind us. Some will find that easier than others and some have to stick around longer because of friends and family but I think it should be our goal.

I am not really into religious/anti-religious discussions that are common on this site (who’s to say that this won’t change) but I still feel the strong grip of being indoctrinated by the Society. I really want to be one day at that stage where I am living just a normal life, not thinking about the organization, not having any feeling of guilt for pursuing my dreams and living my life the way I want to. Simon, your life story is truly encouraging and inspiring. Also, for the most part, I admire the type of people that have come together on this site, their abundance of intellect, creativity and compassion. Thank you for keeping the site alive all these years, and allowing others to get help after their fall from WT's cloud to reality.

Sinedie

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Unfortunately, when I found it I couldn’t open links for parts 1 and 3 of his story (can anyone help me with that?).

Hit Sinedie,

This is the first time I read his story and it was very well written. Thanks Simon and, of course, Angherad (spelling?).

To read the other parts, use Google search and try the following search terms -- quotation marks are important.

"and how JWD came to be" "Part 1" simon

Use the above for parts 2, 3, and 4 -- substituting the appropriate number.

Len

• sinedie
    sinedie

Thank you Len, I found all 5 parts!!!

Sinedie

• bsmart
    bsmart

Moving on, its great to read the old members comments too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit