by Simon 79 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Well-said, sir.

Regards,

PS

• bebu
    bebu
    Ironically, by not setting out to hurt them, I think it's hurt them far more than if I'd tried.

An amazing thing to realize.

Thanks for the rest of the story, Simon. It was absolutely worth the wait.

bebu

• Dawn
    Dawn

Hey Simon - great story! Thanks for sharing. This site was a HUGE help to me when I was looking for answers. And I like your comment about becoming an ex-ex-JW. Perhaps some day I will be able to move on like that - but for now, I feel compelled to stick around and help others that are wanting/coming out.

I wish you and Anghard the best!

By the way - I think that seeing your children be able to really LIVE, that does a lot of healing all in itself. Everytime my kids have been able to do something I couldn't (x-mas, birthdays, etc) - it is almost as if that "wrong" has been erased. I couldn't do it - but now my kids can, so the good has overwritten the bad. It sounds as if this is somewhat how you feel now also.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    The newbie one made one of his rare interruptions saying that they didn't like some of the things that were on the site (I bet!) so I got in his face and repeated his own words back to him from earlier: "well if it offends you, simply don't read it then".

LOL!!! I bet he was pretty quiet after that.

There is going to be one hell of a welcoming party up in Canada when you finally realize your dream, I hope it happens soon!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Great post!!! Certainly lends creedence to the saying that life truly is a journey.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Simon,

Thanks for posting this. I always wondered how JWD happened. I felt it was a very good place for witnesses with doubts, or xjw's to meet, preferable both. H20 was indeed confrontational. You story puts a personal face to it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yip yip yipee yiyay! We get Simon! We get Simon!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    As well as being a fantastic way to meet people it's also meant that I could channel my energy into doing something positive to try and help other people -

I think this website has had a profound effect in helping many many people Simon. Whether you believe it or not, I think you ARE doing the Lord's work (I know, you're rolling your eyes, but that's what I think ) Thanks for background info. I was always interested in how you started this website... very informative -- truly, YOU ARE THE MAN!.

• alias
    alias

Simon,

I found your story interesting to read. There are so many similiar themes that run through our lives that lead us out of the organization. In your case, those in "charge" made the transistion for you even easier and your resolve stronger.

I was here when you began the forum and have observed its evolution from a small "coffee shop" environment to a h20 outpost "outpost", and through its ups and downs to its current form today. It has always served a personal purpose to each member, and has obviously accomplished its task to those who have moved on.

I appreciate all you've done to provide a medium for others and the support of your wife to make JWD possible. It is quite understandable that the time and sacrifice expended into this forum should eventually cease on your part... you have a healthy attitude towards letting it go when the time is right for you.

alias

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Simon,

Great. Worth pointing out and highlighting:

There is no point dedicating your life to hurting the WTS - if you do, it means that they are still hurting you, still influencing your life and still have power over you.

Becoming an ExJW should be a process, a stage, and not the final destination that some people make it. We should all aim to become Ex-Ex-JWs and leave everything to do with the WTS behind us. Some will find that easier than others and some have to stick around longer because of friends and family but I think it should be our goal.

Thanks for your story, Simon and Angharad.

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit