My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 4

by Simon 79 Replies latest jw experiences

• choosing life
    choosing life

I am a little late in reading your story, all four parts. Always kinda wondered about you and how things here got started. Now I guess I know a little bit.

I really thank you for having the guts to start and continue this site. I agree there is a time to move on and just live a happy life. But there is also a time when you may be standing all alone in your views and are surrounded by witness family that just shake their heads at you.

I wonder how many people have been prevented from returning to the borg by having time to vent here and slowly move toward freedom?

Thanks again and may you continue to live that happy life with your lovely family. Best Wishes!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Just read all four parts and must echo the sentiments of others here. I'm so grateful for this place. Time and again. Thank you.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Simon and Angharad,

I can't believe I hadn't read this before now! I have enjoyed every word! Sometimes bunches of time goes by and I don't post....but I DO feel the assurance that when I do and IF I need to vent or whatever....your forum is HERE for me.

I have LEARNED a lot here, many things I can share elsewhere and with others. I have WEPT a lot at the lives and plights of some posters, and go between feeling just awful FOR them while wishing I could bring that hideous, horrid and evil WTS cult down single-handedly.

I have met some of the nicest and most genuine people from this forum, ones that I would have never met had it not been for your efforts.

I want to thank you both for all the love, blood, sweat, tears and time you have both invested in this forum...YOU have done this just so WE could have a nice place to play, exchange ideas, vent and sometimes have a heated discussion or two. I shudder to think that it might ever be gone.

love and hugs,

Annie

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Everytime people get together, everytime someone shares their life story, everytime someon feels safe to ask a question or simply to read what other people have written - it's a little chip appearing in the WTS armour, a little mortar in their walls crumbling. Long may it continue.

And this you have done, through this forum. Bravo.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

As Simon mentioned there were a few websites that preceded JWD. Some most definitely gave a one-two punch in the WTS' gut - WT Observer, Quotes, H2O. Their attack was frontal and using their own literature against them.

As Simon said this wasn't his goal. In the end it's those little stubs of the toes that brings that machine down. It is a welcoming environment that allows people to question and get answers, that provides a soft spot to land and many listening ears.

Thank You Simon

• onacruse
    onacruse

Simon is, after all, just another man. But he and Ang and many many others have maintained and sustained a discussion forum that exceeds all others.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I am thankful a board like this exists.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Enjoyed your story Simon...what a small world we live in...I was probably in Main Road stadium when you met your wife and I lived in North Wales then too...anyway now I'm in Manc land and I guess you're over in Canada by now...just wanted to thank you for this wonderful board which has been the enormous help to me that you intended.

Loz x

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

Have you thought about finding a more efficient and better management system?

I'm wondering if since this site has been up for a while that there might be something better to manage it by now...

• White Dove
    White Dove

Simon,

I read all four parts of your story.

Thank you for sharing it.

I've been helped immensely by this board, so THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit