My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 4

by Simon 79 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Simon,

Thanx for sharing your story. I believe it echoes that of many who have had the good fortune of finding this place.

I am still very angry with the Witnesses. I doubt that will change soon. I take every opportunity afforded me to take a shot at their cult. For me it is theraputic to express publicly my disdain for them, as zealously as I once preached their crap from door to door.

I struggle with the guilt of how many others I exposed to the "lie" because of my "field service".

Sheila and I are grateful for the hospitality you have extended by allowing us to share in this online community.

I hope you will again get to the point where you do enjoy administrating the board all of the time.

Chris ===]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Dear Simon, I have read your entire story segments, and I so honor you for being able to get the closure you needed and to move on in life. While taking your journey, you certainly have opened up a world of communication to those who felt so unloved, abandoned, unworthy, doomed to die, and out of sinc with reality.

In life we sometimes make wrong turns and wrong choices. Early in life, it is our upbringing that stages how we will "act out our part". Some are born into a certain belief system and others make a choice along the way. The thing is, when we figure out for ourselves that we can't go to sleep at night and live with "someone elses choice" of who we should be, then it's time to really dig down and take a look at our life on our terms. The cost will be worth the choice we make; it is something we must do.

You have done this. You and your wife have been able to do this together, and now you can reap the benefits of your decision with your children, who won't have to grow up under such a cult system. You give them a good start, and then later they make their own free choices. This is how life is. We can't control other people, and we shouldn't. This is what JW's try to do to families, and it only ends up splitting people apart and ruining relationships. Your love for beginning this forum when you did, and continuing it as long as you have, has helped so many people on here. We so needed this place. But, I do understand your need at some point, to put "this" behind you as well.

Some things will continue to haunt us forever if we allow it to do so. I too have seen many on the forum who cannot seem to break free from wanting revenge. That is so sad. Thank you for your love and compassion!! I do hope your plans work out to get to Canada. I'm sure they will. You're on the right track now for sure, and there is a reason why Canada is calling you back home.

Love,

Karen

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Simon,

Thank you so much for putting your experience out here for all of us to read.

Your counsel at the end is very much appreciated as some of us are having trouble just moving on.

I wish you and your family success as you plan to move to Canada.

I am going to take a break now and enjoy a nice timmy's. It's "roll up the rim" season.

wannaexit

• Sassy
    Sassy

I can't say anything different than what has not already been said. The appreciation we all feel for your taking the time to write your story is without words. We appreciate not only understanding about how you and Ang came to be in the place you are today, which sets a fine example for us as those of us recently exiting find strength, and also what to know about your future goals and aspiriations. I hope you are able to find them.

I also hope one day to have the opportunity to meet you both. I know chances are it probably will not happen.. but it is definately in my wish list.

Thank you both for all you do.

• IT Support
    IT Support

Hi Simon,

First, I'd like to join in the chorus of thanks for this site.

May I ask what happened to the recordings you made of your 'appeal'? Were they ever of any use?

In other words, if any of us find ourselves in the same situation, is it worth the effort trying to secretly record the proceedings?

Sorry for being so nosy!

Regards,

Ken

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    The newbie one made one of his rare interruptions saying that they didn't like some of the things that were on the site (I bet!) so I got in his face and repeated his own words back to him from earlier: "well if it offends you, simply don't read it then".

CLASSIC!!!!

• franklin J
    franklin J

thank you for the update,

I am glad that your wife and children are with you. I can relate to your ability to find some poitive degrees from exiting that faith.

As you said, they cannot just let people go; they have to "mark" them. I understand that exactly and you must feel some degree of satisfaction in your having the last word with this website.

I also agree with you in that; despite our numbers; no one is going to "bring down the Watchtower". It world is still a free society.

And most importantly, Simon, I am behind you 100% in your statement that they best thing we can do is lead a happy, successful life, and watch our children do the same.

best regards to you and your familiy, Frank

• Badger
    Badger

Thanks, Simon...

I owe a lot to this site. I'm glad your story has had a good ending.

• Aikon
    Aikon

Hi Simon

Thanks for the conclusion......

Your experiance shows there is hope for us dubs, still under the mind control of the WT.

As you and Angie have come out of it "sane" and not twisted as some have.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!! One thing why the heck do you wont to go to Canada for????????????

Move to the Yorkshire Dales, and you are in Paradise... Cheaper than going to Canada!!!!!!!!!!!

Aikon...

• onacruse
    onacruse

Simon and Ang:

Thank you for sharing your journey and y'all know very well what this db has meant to, and still does mean for, me

If I may focus on a sentiment you expressed: yes, there comes a time when, if we're truly recovering from the JWism---->exJWism growth, then one day we push the mouse to the side, walk away with our dear ones hand-in-hand, and simply live life (minus WTS-in-frontal-lobe syndrome).

Advice I've often given to others, and the day grows closer when I will take my own advice.

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit