My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 4

by Simon 79 Replies latest jw experiences

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hi Simon,

Your story was very interesting to read and indeed a mirror of what has happened to so many others on this board.You were fortunate to have more control over the situation than many do with the ability to create a forum to discuss these many issues.

I know that JWD has done a lot to aid and heal many who think of this board as their second home.

ON another note...

They also contacted my wife's congregation to make sure we were not welcomed there and shunned by as many family as possible and they also range the congregation in Lethbridge, Canada to warn them that we were going to visit !!

Don't you think those poor buggers in Lethbridge have had enough.After all this was the hotbed of rebellion AKA Jim Penton

POZ

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dearest Simon....Thank you so much for telling your story..... I am sure many can sympathize with you- they have been there done that.I believe the written word can have much impact- I am sure many who read it will be able to remember it when they are ready to REALLY exit the WT.... For me!!!? I have nothing else left. Kids gone!!! friends gone!! Hubby gone- So the rest of my life will be to stick with helping them escape the clutches of the Iron hand in the Velvet glove ---- Your a GOD send believe me..... & Of course that lovely wife Angie -who has helped me on many occasions....

• Maverick
    Maverick

You shared a lot of these things when we shared a meal in Orlando but it was nice to hear them again. I can relate to what you went through having been DA by a group of those lying scum myself. You have helped so many people and I am glad I got to meet you and your lovely wife and children. Your servant, Maverick

• brianhenke
    brianhenke

Just this week I FINALLY got the United by Divine Teaching video via eBay. I bought it so I can give details of the film to the IMDB.

As you might have known, this was totally one-sided about the JWs. There was nothing of DFing, the DAs, the secret files (as seen in the Witnesses of Jehovah video).In fact, the narrator said that baptism was the event that seals one as a JW FOREVER.

Included were highlights of the Kiev baptism where 7,402 got assimilated into the Borg (if anyone attended that convention, please let me know). I wonder how many were baptized that day in Kiev have seen the light and left. Maybe some may have been read JWD or some other site (remember, the Net was unknown except to computer geeks in 1993) and learned the truth. The ones who got dunked in 1993 didn't know about 1975 and other false prophecies, etc. (BTW, are there any other WT videos, both produced by the Society and not produced by them (ie, Witnesses of Jehovah), that show baptisms?)

I think this site appeals to ex-JWs and non JWs who have run into them like me or have had some coincidences, like I was born seven years to the day that the 7136 were baptized in New York. And for these Borg, resistance IS NOT FUTILE.

I hope JWD will continue to shine the truth on the activities of the WTBTS.

Brian

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Your encounter with the elders is inspirational in case the same thing ever happens to me. I imagine saying to them, "According to your own God, you are bloodguilty for the neglect of my family. If not for your deliberate neglect we might be in and faithful to this day." Then I will thank them for their neglect because it has allowed me to open my eyes and for the eyes of my grown children to be opened as well.

Thank you for sharing this story. You will be sorely missed when you make your move to Canada. I am looking forward to the day when I have healed enough to move on myself.

Heather

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

Simon, I know I haven't really introduced myself to you yet, cause I'm a newbie. But, I just wanted to say thanks for the discussion board. It's helped a lot of people.

• meat pie
    meat pie

Dear Simon and Angharad, Thankyou, thankyou, from the bottom of my heart, thankyou.

Shirley.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Simon,

I had always been curious about the history of JWD. You've done a splendid job with this site. Your story should inspire others who are struggling to put their lives back together after the disruption of leaving the WTS.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Robyn

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Great stuff. Magnificent.

Yes, the site is definitely a stage - a place to work through some issues, develop a new belief structure, and move on.

Congrats, man, and good luck crossing the pond.

CZAR

• little witch
    little witch

Simon, Ang, and boys

Thanks for sharing your story of triumph over adversity. I just read the UN thread and had said how so many here have gotten strenght to be pro-active despite the fact that we were indoctrinated not to.

This board has blossomed to become (I believe) one of the most oppisitional voices to the watchtower. Not because former jw's are evil and confused losers as they would have members think, but because many refuse to be labeled and defined by the corporation.

It is inspirational to see yet another example of someone who begins to value their own self-worth and become independant.

I congratulate you and your family on your accomplishment, and I second the thought "long live jwd".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit