pdf's of Raymond Franz's books

by Newly Enlightened 277 Replies latest members private

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I am hoping to purchase

In Search of Christian Freedom☑

• Simon
    Simon
    This just in from Mikey and Kim on the Youtube ... She DOES have plans to publish ALL of Raymond Franz's books and will do so soon.

Great news - thanks for keeping us informed, Deborah for making such important books available again and Mike & Kim for arranging it.

• cappytan
    cappytan

I do feel there should be an anonymous way to obtain the books.

Some kids that are doubting may not have the funds. Some husbands or wives may not want the charge showing up on their credit card or Amazon browsing/purchase history.

I would never have purchased the book when I was having doubts. I was able to download it secretly because of it's availability. If I hadn't had that opportunity, I truly believe cognitive dissonance would have taken over and I would have squashed the doubts eventually.

If there is anyone out there that wants to read the book and not wait for or able to use "official" legal channels to obtain the book, just Google "Crisis of Conscience pdf."

• Simon
    Simon

I think it's a stretch to suggest that someone can't afford a cheap book but can afford a device to load PDFs and access the internet and also can't just delete an order email after receiving it. It would be a shame if people used excuses to avoid fairly paying for things.

If someone is truly broke and scared (paranoid?) they should go to a library - most will locate and order a book and you can read it there, practically untraceable. Another alternative is to get a friend of colleague to order it and pay them the cash.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    Few years ago I asked for the book at local library and our main county library. No success.
  • Phaedra
    Phaedra
    Man, this is sad. And why I stopped developing paid content for Web distribution. Fuck pirates.
  • ihunt
    ihunt

Simon said "I think it's a stretch to suggest that someone can't afford a cheap book but can afford a device to load PDFs and access the internet"

Did you consider that 97% of people under the age of 44 have a cell phone? While I would agree that most may have the funds to buy the book, it certainly wouldn't be a high priority (like a cell phone) if I was struggling to make ends meet.

Also Simon, let's say that an individual decides to purchase the book (from amazon, for example) but is worried about their privacy. Their browsing history will be tracked by Amazon and used in the future to suggest "similar books", which could easily throw red flags (this is from personal experience :D). Beyond that, if you pay with card, it will be irreversibly on your bank account, another serious red flag.

Now the funny one, paying someone cash to get you the book. This involves speaking to somebody who isn't a witness (or they wouldn't get you the book) about your doubts. I don't think that this is likely in the great majority of situations, as jws are conditioned to NEVER reach out towards wordly people, especially about breaches in faith.

I'm in full agreement with Cappy. If somebody has a moment of curiosity and would like to read rays book, just download it. Moreover, I don't see why some of you are supportive of this publisher. If they were really all that, they'd host the book online an allow open access. But instead, they'll profit. (If they're selling the books at production cost then there is all the more reason to host online.)

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Hello everyone. Sorry I've been so busy working on this that I haven't had a chance to check comments.

Thank you so much for your help. And thanks to Girl Next door & Barbara Anderson for helping us track down the owner. I am in contact with the LEGITIMATE owner of Ray's books and we are working to get everything sorted out.

I have suggested to Deborah to get a Paypal button so we can help reimburse her for all these pirated copies.

It is just difficult fighting all the haters and so many other things going on.. They don't realize that if they would just stay out of the fight it would help tremendously get a Ray's legacy back out there.

thank you all.

kim

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

ihunt

IF Ray & Cynthia would have wanted Ray's books available to world to do whatever anyone wanted to do with it, they would haave.

BUT THEY DIDN'T

they entrusted a dear friend of theirs to protect his life work. Mike & I trust that decision and will do whatever we can to help her keep it Ray's work and not get some website slapped on it like a brand or advertisement.

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks for the update kim :thumbsup:

Did you consider that 97% of people under the age of 44 have a cell phone? While I would agree that most may have the funds to buy the book, it certainly wouldn't be a high priority (like a cell phone) if I was struggling to make ends meet.

That doesn't wash with me. If I decide to prioritize my spending on something it doesn't legitimize me stealing something else that I might also want.

The fact remains that there are a thousand and one ways to legitimately purchase a book and cover your tracks, and most people do not have to do this anyway so making out like this is some huge issue and people selling someone else's work is somehow a service and not for their own self-promotion is a little disingenuous IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit